Mr Brown I need more weight !

deadlift-e1454801340753.jpg

I feel pretty low Daniel. Not sure my short a#& can get much lower.

The initial position before you do the first rep is fine... after that you stop moving your hips/upper legs...

Dont get me wrong- your form is good compared to what Ive seen before and see on a daily base. But especially the lowest part of your spine needs to be arched more to prevent future disc issues! Its often caused by unflexibility in your hamstrings!

Last edited:

The initial position before you do the first rep is fine... after that you stop moving your hips/upper legs...

Dont get me wrong- your form is good compared to what Ive seen before and see on a daily base. But especially the lowest part of your spine needs to be arched more to prevent future disc issues! Its often caused by unflexibility in your hamstrings!

Thanks Daniel . Did not realize after first rep my movement changed . Should of seen it myself in video .
I only picked dead lift back up after 29 year absence . Our high school coach was a former Olympic wrestling coach from the 80's He got me into weights . My next dead lift day is mid next week , and ill lighten up to focus on movement .

Good rule of thumb for deadlifts are “If your shins aren’t bleeding your probably doing it wrong”

Meaning your lower back should not bow or round. It should remain straight like a 45 degree angle. So as you dip your ass and contract your back and shoulder muscles the weight should move straight up. A lot of times especially with heavier weight the bar will scrape against your shins. It’s the same motion when you are lowering the weight. You don’t want to lean over as your putting the weight down. That will compromise your form and force your to round your back and put unnecessary stress on your vertebrae.

Look @ any powerlifting picture of somebody lifting a heavy amount of weight and you’ll see their shins scraped or bleeding.

Don’t get me wrong like previously mentioned your form isn’t terrible it’s just as you move up in weight those little discrepancies will only be more exaggerated which could lead to injury

Last bit of advice I can give you is ditch the sketchers when deadlifting or squatting. Those shoes have way too much padding and cushion which will make you unbalanced. It forces you to be more on your toes instead of your heels where your base and power comes from. The old school Converse Chuck Taylor’s are good cause they have a flat sole and little padding. If you don’t like them try using timberland style work boots with the hard soles. Guaranteed you’ll feel more solid and planted to the floor which will help with your form :beerchug:

1busa thank you . Normally in my work boots , and had no plans of doing this routine today . just kind of well let me do a few . Felt good so kept moving up . I had already been through my squat routine . This model shoe is quiet a bit stiffer than the go walk versions . However they did seem to squish around with 325 pounds plus my 142 :)

545 @ 4.4 is 123 lb I think thats a bit light looking at her amazing build . three of her combined lifts is 1157 lb in 2018 !

this lady blows my mind , but I read some controversy over some of her lifts . I do not know her weight , but would guess 140 to 150 lb

She is pretty amazing and her videos are al over the CrossFit accounts on Instagram

this lady blows my mind , but I read some controversy over some of her lifts . I do not know her weight , but would guess 140 to 150 lb

Yeah look at how wide her legs are never seen that before; kind of a cheat. Not taking anything from moving that kind off weight.

I feel pretty low Daniel. Not sure my short a#& can get much lower.
Form looks near textbook except the slight low back arch. This is one of the most dangerous exercises & it is great untill one has an issue which results in back injury.

Yeah look at how wide her legs are never seen that before; kind of a cheat. Not taking anything from moving that kind off weight.
I think that was the big issue with many about the style of her lift . Wonder what she could do in a traditional method .

I think that was the big issue with many about the style of her lift . Wonder what she could do in a traditional method .

That’s called a Sumo style deadlift. Narrow grip with a wider stance. Most women seem to use this stance vs traditional. It allows you to use more of your hips and also shortens the distance of the weight lifted. I’m not a fan of this style but to each their own

Back