Mr Bogus

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
Just wondering if I'm the only one that gets the Java Console Box popping up in every post with a response made by Mr Bogus.

His bash countdown is messin with me.
banghead.gif

smile.gif
it is a java applet... Java download

It is just a countdown timer to Spring bash... T- days, hours, minutes, secs... alternate version is T- beers, shots and chicken wings
smile.gif

If it is causing issues, I can remove it btw

smile.gif

I don't know what it is exactly;

I can see the countdown fine. Everytime I open a post you've resonded in I get a little Java box that opens and covers the corner of the page. I just have to click the close button. Just wondering if it was just me.

I think if you click that and find the options, you can find the "hide" option that will get rid of it...

I dont know how to copy the box border, but here is what it says inside.

Java™ Plug-in: Version 1.4.2
Using JRE version 1.4.2 Java HotSpot™ Client VM
User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\Owner

Proxy Configuration: No proxy

----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------
Malformed URL: Check Applet tag.

Developed by: Michael Hartman

hartmms@eng.auburn.edu

If I'm the only one having the problem there's no need to change it on my account. If I just minimize the box it doesn't pop up on each post.

Was just curious if I'm the only one.

hmm if that is really your version, you may want to upgrade.. (V6 is current) That version came out about the time of the big MS lawsuit as I recall (would have to check version list) but they put that annoying icon down there without much to get rid of it except to unload the software.. I have V5 loaded on this laptop and it is not showing the java icon (likely turned it off a long time ago)

Not to change the subject but I need the Java Appelet to view my working board. Works fine with XP but on my computer running Vista no matter what I do it states that I need "virtual machine" to run.

I have installed that and the V6 Java program. No matter what I do I can not get it to work in Vista. Even tried the older version of Java. Same "need virtual machine" prompt.

Any ideas?

r8

Start "“ control panel "“ java  - advanced    

Expand the java console         Hide console should be checked

Also....I'm not sure the Java in the signatures is going to fly.

Back