Mr Bogus - closed loop for 1st Gen's

mountainmotor

Donating Member
Registered
It's my understanding by your recent posts you may be interested in a closed loop fueling system for your first generation Busa. Closed loop on a FI system without a knock sensor is kinda neat .

Bazzaz is a day late it seems " long story " but this new unit has been tested with an inital hi degree of success in the last couple months or so .

Anyway , I thought you might want to take a looksee and then I can give you a contact that could give you more feedback on this little gem based on his personal experience with the product . Looks very promising at this point .

http://www.afrtuner.com/

BTW , apparently the site needs updated . It has been my understanding for awhile they have it as a plug n play for the Busa ECU with no wire splicing needed .

I could be wrong on that .
winkold.gif

Wow.. I am totally surprised that this is not more well known... I suppose it could be the "stigma" of a CL system.

I am going to contact them and see if I can get a bit more info on it.. I would be really surprised if they did not have a setup W/knock sensor. Perhaps the "noise" of a bike engine precludes the use of one, but I would guess they have tried it. A knock sensor would roll this thing right down the alley of a turbo bike
smile.gif

Looks like a guy could go a full setup for under $800 and in terms of "tuning" that is pretty cheap. (figure cost of PC USB/dyno time at $500-600)

I have a few questions that they may or may not choose to answer but sure looks like it could be some fun to work with..

Thanks a ton for the lead... I would like to talk with Bazzaz about his experience with it.. (and how contact with the company has gone)

Heresay only but , there were some , lets say , problems with the Bazzaz early on but now I am hearing very good things about the Ammar Bazzaz ZFI and the new found , quality and functions for lack of better .

Can't rule it out for the price vs dyno sessions and such and it IS most definitely plug n play for the connector side of things anyway .

many racers are starting to toss their PC's for the new Bazzaz ZFI. Especially the ones with traction control + Quickshifter. I've still yet to see any tuners who can customize Bazzaz units since many are still using the dynojet dynos.

Back