MPS Kill Switch Installation

OB_Booker

Registered
Good day gentlemen,

Can anyone give me some general instructions on the installation of this kill switch on the Suzuki Hayabusa. Details...Details...

I installed this same switch on my my ZX-11 so I generally know what needs to be done, but I don't have the service manual for the Busa yet and don't know which wire to cut because I don't know the color I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for anyhelp you can provide.

Booker,

Which type do you have? There are two. One type grounds the coil, the other opens the power to it.

JC is referring to the common +12V wire that feeds ALL 4 coils. If you have the MPS box with the 4 brown wires you need to connect to the 4 different primary wires. I don't remember their colors. Every coil has two wires, one will be common to all 4(+12V), the other wire is the one to connect to.

Dave

I'm talking about the simple kill switch that you must have for drag racing.

You know...In case you come off the bike the bike will shut down when the plug is pulled out.

I'm not talking about an ignition kill switch for an air shifter or something like that.

Johnnycheese, I think Booker is confused as to why you choose to go under the panel next to the fuse box?
Couldn't you just tap into the wire coming out of the stock kill switch? You know, closer to the switch insted of under a panel?

Booker,

My mistake on the switch, thought you meant a kill box. Use the orange/white wire like JC said. Near the fusebox, or break into the one off the handlebar kill.

Dave

Back