MPG

ok next question....

We get wildly different #s ranging from 25-45 (throwing out outliers). Even if we take "riding hard #s, we get let's say 25-38MPG. Isn't it odd that there is such variance? I'm wondering if there is some tuning that needs to be done?

ok people getting in the 20's you need to shift out of 1st gear
laugh.gif
stop riding around in 1st in town all the time
rock.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

-High 40's if steady state 50 - 70mph (very rare)
-Low 40's w/high speed cruising
smile.gif
but w/out top end warp runs
-High 30's if totally nuts.

i get 36 according to the onboard thing... got 44ish before I changed the exhaust from stock though..

36 w/ micron full sys.
44 w/stock..

I don't ride any different than I did before.

by riding hard I mean wide open throttle and not shifting until 10k+. If I WANTED to save gas, I would not ride it like that, but it's too fun. Yes, I tour in first and second alot. On the highway, going steady the MPG goes up. I dont give a rip about MPG or I would have gotten a scooter or a 500/600 sized bike
smile.gif

putterying around I usually shirft around 2 - 4k, and end up in 6th at 35-40 mph

I'm suspecting that the diff performance mods and diff styles of riding and possibly diff kinds of fuel we all run are affecting our mileage and giving us the different numbers. This is a big engine, I can see how it could use wayy more or less fuel depending on how its ran
wink.gif
But when we bought these bikes I don't think fuel mileage was a big concern
tounge.gif

I average about 35 mpg, the K&N air filter reduced the mpg a little.
I have gotten 44 mpg cruisin' in 6th gear at 80 mph.
Riding as hard a I can at the track got me 24 mpg.

WWJD-- the question is not if one cares about MPG, but to understand it.

I'm wondering why my bike went from 38ish to 28ish in a matter of a few weeks and with roughly the same riding stle. It is BTW all stock.

Snake have you changed anything since the mileage decrease?....brand/octane of gas, additives ect? Maybe its new plugs/throttle sync/tune up time? Is it running the same? That is a puzzler and I'd wanna know the reason too...I'm also wondering how the computer figures the mileage and how accurate it really is. Hell its still getting better mileage than alot of cars AND putting out more power tho...lol

Nothing changed except I went for the 1st service. I start riding it a tad harder (once in a while shifting 2/3/4 at 8k, but overall pretty much the same. Same gas--87 octance and i've tried various brands. I was getting around 200 miles on a tank and it dropped to around 110-120.

-mp

Snake,
I'm also getting quite low on MPG ( havent calculated in Mile/Galon as my bike came in KM/Liter set up ( not sure if it can be changed , probadly yes....)

Anyways,
I was really puzzled at first as even though the tank capacity supposed to be 22l I was getting like 220km avg...
Then, I realised that it all in my riding..... (and the reserve seems to be more than 3l )

For example , since I know it is not charging battery below 3.5k I always endup running it in 4k ( that's on equivalent of 35mph speed limit in city) , on highway same I'll be doing like say .... 100km in 4k , which would be 5gear

The thing with the 4k is that I'm not able to charge batter overnight (public carpark ), so I always run above charging cut off..... it served me well 'till know and I would be able to run on a batter for about 1-2years. Also I feel that that way bike is not so letargic on accel....

Also when movin' from lights I would shift at lest 7km plus minus ( normal riding).... then drop to 4k.....

Some thin like that... ( not inclusive of letting it go which I can't resist from time to time)

Like stated above, on highway the the consumption goes way down ( running it in 5g to 4 g etc....)

So it depends how it is ridden , I guess ....
smile.gif

just my 0.2c...

Back