MPG

thesnake

Registered
Sanity check out there-- answer accurately plz. What average MPG are you getting? I sway between 26-30, with the average around 27.5.

That's where I'm at right now, but I'm running really rich right now, and backfiring.

I've NEVER broke 30mpg, even during breakin. It pisses me off that people are getting 40+ mpFg.

Trip computer keeps saying 36-41, but I havn't checked to see how acurate it is.

Well Juggler I guess I'm pissing you off because I'm getting right around 40 mpg most of the time. If I run hard it might drop to 36-37 mpg...
Ride safe...

I am lucky to get 200 miles out of a tank which on a CA model is about 35 mph

Kent

Im starting to wonder whats up. I was getting around 36-38 during the initial breakin, and now my trip comp at best hits 29, but usually around 27. I'm riding a tad harder but not 10MPG harder...

i did a 247 mile run yesterday used 87 octane and 2nd time i used a 89 rating
my mpg for the whole trip showed me a 46.7
it was highway boston to hartford... and back
and also note iam heavy 210 lbs bcos load also does matter

I usually get 31-36mpg according to the computer, which is probably pretty close based on fills vs miles.
cool.gif

Stock I was getting 36-38 most of the time and upto 42 on the highway only. Pipe,map 16t front sprocket droped it around 30.

This past saturday I went on a pretty decent ride and was quite pleased with the highway mileage.
Left about 10:30 am and returned home around 10:00 pm. Rode the entire length of Indiana starting from near Lake Michigan and well into the state of Kentucky.

Left with a full tank and stopped for gas twice. Total mileage was 605 miles. According to the trip computer (which I reset before I left) I averaged 49.1 mpg. Looking at gas receipts that little 'puter is dead on accurate.

Average speed was 75 to 80 mph on I65. Couple hours of touring through the hills of Brown County IN at various speeds.

Overall average with city/highway/acting stupid is typically around 41 mpg. Bike is also bone stock and I only use 87 octane.

Just did a 2k trip and my average for the whole trip was 39.9. About 1400 of that was interstate at around 90 mph the rest was tearing up the twisties in the rockies.

My first 125 break in miles were mostly higher altitude mountain highways. I was on and off the gas fairly aggressively (no high rpms or full throttle tho) to get a good break in, and was running from 60 to 90. I got 44+ mpg (think I ran premium), which suprised the heck outta me cause I'd heard the mileage would be worse at first...tight motor and all. I run at 4500 feet of elevation and last I checked I think I was getting 41-42 with a mix of fuels. My bikes all stock. The Busa gets wayyy better mileage than my 1000R and has ALOT more power. Man do I love Fuel Injection
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

hard riding drops it to 26ish INDICATED
85mph highway almost hits 48 mpg INDICATED

The computer on my bike seems to be approximate at best. But it only takes about 10 seconds to figure out every time I fill up. I use the calculator built into my cell phone. Been getting 34 to 36 mpg consistently.

Back