MPG lower after TB sync! TPS adj.

8Daytona8

Donating Member
Registered
TPS adj any one know diff? The TPS i thought would give a fault C00 But now i see this has to be prompted by a dealer tool! I know on the Bandit 1200 with a TPS the fuel economy would fall if it wasn't set to specs. thus the all over the place MPG we are getting! I see there are ohm or voltage setting we can do! any one done it? help or info would help, or am i gona have to have a go on my own???
 AOL.com Images Not Available
AOL.com Images Not Available

No help here?
all_coholic.gif

(BA BUSA @ Dec. 30 2006,10:25) Hey man

it's 7am over here on a holiday weekend  WTF
tounge.gif
I hate when that happens
poke.gif
Sorry i take my PC off the hook so that won't  
all_coholic.gif
 "DUH" Geez i just got what i wanted from doing another search  
beerchug.gif
Sorry to wake ya but you need to get out and ride anyway!
super.gif

(8Daytona8 @ Dec. 30 2006,07:37)
(BA BUSA @ Dec. 30 2006,10:25) Hey man

it's 7am over here on a holiday weekend  WTF
tounge.gif
I hate when that happens
poke.gif
Sorry i take my PC off the hook so that won't  
all_coholic.gif
 "DUH" Geez i just got what i wanted from doing another search  
beerchug.gif
Sorry to wake ya but you need to get out and ride anyway!
super.gif
RIDE it's 36 degrees outside right now
pissed.gif

Ok spoke too soon! The post is from 04 and i can't find the white plug to jump on my 06! Darn???

The black bar beside the COO has to be in the middle position ! You must first jump the dealer mode plug using a paperclip, then turn the TPS screw using a security torx wrench.

The plug is located on the clutch lever side of the bike in rear section. Totally remove the rear exterior andlook down towards the rear foot peg. It will be a small white plug with a black cap.

I would run out and take a pic but the bike is burried behind our vehicles in the garage up against a wall of my table lift with no access.

Man what service! I found the plug way down in the L-fairing! Crap its rite in the middle! and i thought for sure that was my falling mpg prob! Now the FEDX gal just delivered my jacket & pants from Newenough  
all_coholic.gif
Things are lookin up but another hot day here
poke.gif
so i won't B able to wear my newest garb  
mad.gif
Great deal all 4 $189 too my door!

What Rhythm said.

Use a paperclip to jump the plug.

Look for the horizontal bar to the left of c00(no fault code). It should be in the middle of 3 positions. Bottom, middle, and top.

You don't always get a FI indication when the TPS is out of adjustment.

(8Daytona8 @ Dec. 30 2006,10:55) Man what service! I found the plug way down in the L-fairing! Crap its rite in the middle! and i thought for sure that was my falling mpg prob! Now the FEDX gal just delivered my jacket & pants from Newenough
all_coholic.gif
Things are lookin up but another hot day here
poke.gif
so i won't B able to wear my newest garb
mad.gif
Great deal all 4 $189 too my door!
I have those pants, you will find them very comfortable but in HOT weather things can get a little soggy in the hiney.
tounge.gif

Like that jacket, might have to get me one.

Back