Moving Weekend

ibified

Registered
Well, we close on the house tomorrow morning, and plan on doing most of our moving this weekend.

The bad news? I went back to the drs office today and my pneumonia isnt gone all the way yet, and I also have a touch of the flu.

The good news? I have TONS of friends who are coming over to help us load and unload the truck.

I probably wont be around a lot this weekend, or the early part of next week. The new house doesn't even have the cable lines physically connected and they never have been, so it's going to be next week sometime before we can get the cable guy out to hook us up. That's gonna effectively keep me offline while I'm home, and since I plan on going back to work next week after being out sick for the last 2 weeks, I'm not gonna have time from there either.

Wish us luck on this move, please. It's gonna be stressful for all of us here, inclusing the animal menagerie...

Good luck bro. We just moved a few months ago and I hated it. The only way I'll move again is if everything stays here and we buy all new for the next house.

Actually, that's what we're doing for furniture. Goodwill is coming by tomorrow to pick up all the old furniture, and the place we bought our new stuff from is delivering the new furniture to the new house on Saturday. The only things we're keeping are our bed, our piano, a couch that we both love, and a few odds and ends.

its all the "stuff" that gets you. Oh, and moving a busa in 20 degree weather is gonna suck.

If you have a wireless, check it to see if any of your neighbors have an unsecured wireless hub you can sneak onto!

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

already checked it when we did the walkthrough. Not close enough to anyone I could detect with the laptop.

The longer you live somewhere the worse "accumilated stuff" you have !!!!!

We did that also....moved bedrm set...clothes....and recliner......EVERYthing else, we bought new.
Pots, pans,towels ETC......
Our yard sale at the old house made some NICE $$$$$

WISH YOU LUCK !!!!! and take it easy and get well !!!!

Good Luck! Moving isn't fun and I can't imagine moving with pneumonia and the flu.

Congrats on the new place!

beerchug.gif
Good luck. Once you are settled in it will all be worth while. It would suck doing it all with the flu and pneumonia though. That is where friends come in handy. Hope to see you on here again soon.

Congrats and good luck with the move. I think Juli and I will try that next time, sell everything and buy new!

Back