Moving to NORFOLK VA, how many months of riding can I expect

riccoh

Registered
Well just got the news today that I will be relocating in 9 months to VA. after spending 7 years in Hawaii, really looking forward to mainland living butwill loose on the year round ridding, and trying to make a decision on the toys, should i take them there knowing that I will be at sea and not much riding or should I get rid of them here while I can get a good roll on the dice as far as selling? I already have a guy looking at my 07 tomorrow and I have an offer on my 10?
If you are in the VA let me have your opinion

board c 1 prof.jpg

busa c 2 exst.JPG

busa c 4 trip.jpg

I'm a couple hours north of VA, and you can ride all year as long as there's no snow, but it is cold. Some people just use heated gear. For me there's maybe a couple of okay days in November. Than I usually don't ride from December to February, and then you'll get a few okay days in late March. So about 7-8 months of riding weather.

I'd DEFINITELY keep at least 1 of your bikes (no 2010's here, you'd be the only one you lucky %$W@#$), because VA has some REALLY NICE roads !!

Last edited:
You could probably make a killing on your 2010 if you sell it after the move. VA gets plenty of good riding weather.

I was stationed at Fort Story(VA Beach) from July 2006 to June 2008. I rode pretty much all year although Dec, Jan, and Feb were hard because of the cold and the wind. I only rode a couple of days during those months.

12 months unless you are a wimp :poke: :laugh:

as mentioned the roads are amazing in some areas :beerchug::beerchug:

You could probably make a killing on your 2010 if you sell it after the move. VA gets plenty of good riding weather.

dealer here just told me 2011s will be out around July or so...???

Think about this way .
With all the $ you'll save on fresh milk you will have extra for gas..:laugh:

Thank you all for the info.. i will def bring at least the 2010, I do have a buyer right now that is willing to pay my asking price ... but I'm leaning into taking her with me.

I live about 2 miles west of Norfolk in the Shenandoah valley. I started riding this year around the beginning of April, and look to ride into early Nov. Thats here in the valley. Should be a bit warmer toward the coast. Like was said before, some really good riding here in Va and neighboring states. Beautiful scenery too....:thumbsup: Welcome..........:beerchug:

Riding weather here ends sometime in November......still a few days of riding in winter time... then back to riding daily around March to November again! I work here in Norfolk Va, and Live in Va Beach, Va! So maybe hook up and get a few rides in etc! There are a few members around here, but we never see each other etc...

well looks now that my detailer came to his sences and cannex VA for me.. my skills are more inline with SanDiego or Hawaii.... go figure...now I have to ethier stay here for another 3 yrs (been here for 7) or go back to San Dog with a 12k bonus form the program office. I guess I will have to see what happends next week.
Again Tank you all for the INFO, I really was looking forward to moving to the East Coast as I have spend 17 years between Japan, Cali and Hawaii.... GOOOOO NAVYYYYY!!!!!

Back