Movie Making

rdnckjim

Registered
Just wondering what software or programs people use to make movies and patch things together with their GO Pro videos

What model do you have? If you have the original, you can use window movie maker. If you have the HD version, you can use windows movie maker after you convert it to something other than mp4. I have not tried to edit video in windows 7 yet, but it is supposed to be able to support the mp4 format. I use aviforyou to convert the format from mp4 to wmv files. We just got a new laptop so I will need to see what I can do with that. If you have an apple product, you should be fine.

I use Corel Videostudio Pro x3 ($99 msrp or online stores for less) for editing. Windows Live Movie Maker is good for some stuff, as it runs faster than Videostudio, but I use Xilisoft Video Converter HD for just that... converting.

I like each of those programs for different reasons, just wish they'd combine them all!

Few choices I see, ive been messing around with the windows movie maker, but I have'nt used it in years and its not coming back to me like I though it would

WMM in XP worked well for original GoPro, but the HD uses a different format (.mp4 instead of .avi) and won't work with the XP version of WMM.

I have used PowerDirector for the HD stuff. its pretty cool.

Back