MOVED TO SAN DIEGO

OrdyBusa

Registered
heys guys, well i finally made it out to san diego. the drive from virginia beach to here was a long one but a good one. if any of you live in the area please let me know, i would love to get in a group or something. also, it time to buy new tires. what do you guys recommend for the type of weather that's out here? i've heard about the pilot powers but aren't those made more for the 600's and 1000's? thanks for your inputs and i hope to see some of you out here. ride safe.

another thought...the bikes out here are allowed to drive bt stopped or slowed traffic. do any of you do that?

heys guys, well i finally made it out to san diego.  the drive from virginia beach to here was a long one but a good one.  if any of you live in the area please let me know, i would love to get in a group or something.  also, it time to buy new tires.  what do you guys recommend for the type of weather that's out here?  i've heard about the pilot powers but aren't those made more for the 600's and 1000's?  thanks for your inputs and i hope to see some of you out here.  ride safe.

another thought...the bikes out here are allowed to drive bt stopped or slowed traffic.  do any of you do that?
Dude
Welcome to San Diego. Yes you can lane split in California just watch for those mirrors and dumb **** drivers

Where do you live, I am in PB (Pacific Beach)

Send me a PM or email at ken@isolditcorp.com

I will be riding tomrrrow Memorial Day for sure sooooo lets hook up

Ken

Great scene down there! I had a blast hanging out with the local sport bike clubs. There is a bike night every tuesday off of Market Street.

You have to give Palomar a ride! You are gonna love the riding in that area. And yes, almost everyone lane splits. First time you come upon a back up, you'll be glad you can! Enjoy yourself and ride safe!

thumb_up.gif

The busa is not the best lane splitting platform. I commute in a ZRX. The sit up and beg riding position is much better for me.

SD is the bomb. I was out there two duty stations ago.

Palomar is better on the week days because of the cops. Check out Angeles Crest Highway (CA 2) just north of Pasadena and Ortega Highway just north of Pendleton.

Keep an eye out for bike theft too!

Good luck!

The busa is not the best lane splitting platform.
Your comment is totally subjective, no?

Yes.

I think what you meant to say was: For YOU, the 'busa...blah blah blah.

I'd rather be on my 'busa than any other vehicle; 'cept maybe the space shuttle. Maybe.

Pilot powers are
thumb_up.gif
I was on my 3rd set when I got ran over and I loved em, wouldn't buy any other tires for the Busa. I live in LA area, similar weather/road conditions.

Yes.

I think what you meant to say was:  For YOU, the 'busa...blah blah blah.

I'd rather be on my 'busa than any other vehicle; 'cept maybe the space shuttle.  Maybe.
Scar

The Space Shuttle.... I think you forgot there are no twisties to carve thru in space!

So there is no comparision to the Busa, no twisties, no wind in your face and no gravity

The Busa wins hands down  
easybutton.png

Yes.

I'd rather be on my 'busa than any other vehicle; 'cept maybe the space shuttle.  Maybe.
you tell'em scar ! Lanesplitting is recommended in socal, chp even does it. Not only does the bike overheat in the stop and go ,but the accident rate for a bike, stuck behind and in front of a car goes up by over 30%. Take it easy when you're not used to doing it, and then gradually work your way up to the tripple digits
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I ride a k1200r bmw and I wouldn't want to get caught in between two cars in anything else ( except my m109 ). The bigger the bike the better the impact into a car-door
boxing.gif
. Welcome to san diego. Now work on your chicken strips
corner2.png
jump9.gif

laugh.gif

Yes.

Scar

The Space Shuttle.... I think you forgot there are no twisties to carve thru in space!

So there is no comparision to the Busa, no twisties, no wind in your face and no gravity

The Busa wins hands down  
easybutton.png
I used to drive a submarine, Ken.

So, in my opinion, outer space is infinite twisties and snap-rolls, and loop-de-loops, etc., ...albeit no wind in the face.

Gravity is over-rated.

cool.gif

Yes.

Scar

The Busa wins hands down  
easybutton.png
I used to drive a submarine, Ken.  

So, in my opinion, outer space is infinite twisties and snap-rolls, and loop-de-loops, etc.,  ...albeit no wind in the face.

Gravity is over-rated.

cool.gif
A Submarine - Wow Cool Stuff

Yes the space shuttle wins hands down

Back