Mounting GiPro above gauges??

first vr4

Registered
For the guys who have mounted their GiPro above the gauges - What did you use to fasten the unit? Velcro tape? Made a mount? The wires run thru the bottom of the GiPro so using velcro tape on the bottom looks out of the question.
I currently have the unit mounted on my tach.
Thanks for any help,
Shawn

Here's a pic

Dash_.jpg

I have been using double tape (kind of like thin foam)for the last year.  I have bike apart now and am just startingto put it back together and will go with 2 small pieces of velcro this time.

Some make brackets also.

GiPro_002__Medium_.jpg

BlueHaya, That's what I wanted to see. The brackets some might be using.
By the way, what kind of gauge faces are those? They look really nice. Where'd you get them?
Thanks,
Shawn

those are bluegauges. You have to send your whole instrument panel to them and they replace the LED's inside... pricey but looks great!

Turm around for me was about 2 1/2 weeks including shipping on the gauges.

Wow.

Just read where Suzuki made the manufacturers of the Knaji face plates stop making them, so BlueGauges is changing their look.

I used a tinted office in box and just cut it to fit in an angle. Attachment was double sided tape and tie straps.

dash.jpg

Gotta tell you. I mounted mine right there and the sun coming thru my windscreen caused the GIPro casing to warp just a bit.

Don

Those are air gauges for the air-ride. One for the hight and one for the comfort setting. Yea dual action air piston by Dapincci. I have the blue chrome sport tech DB windsreen. Its reflective on both sides. No problem yet with heat at the dash, even with the bright chrome trip tree shining up to there.

I have the magic racing windscreen. As soon as I noticed the GIPro, I started using the sunshade while parked.

Don

im working on another mounting method, its in the works now, i think once i get it finished, brendan could make these things. heres a picture of it on my vrod, i think it will still fit above the dash and mount to the bar behind the gauges. this picture was with the acumen, the one i am having designed now is for the gi pro

IMG_2945__1200_x_900_.jpg

clap.gif
cool idea! The size of the that housing looks sim to a 2-1/8 inch gauge ( dual needle air gauge ) that I tried to install above the dash. No luck...it was to big. But what you have pic could be a nice mount, but anchor from another location.

Back