Mounting cortech bag

Twister NOS

Registered
Hey all. I just picked up a pair of the tourmaster cortech saddle bags that samurai was selling. Love the bags, now I am trying to figure out how to mount them.
I would really love to have the hump on with them, is that out of the question? Not a biggie, but figured I would ask. Second, I figured out about the straps for the front wrapping around the passanger pegs, but can figure out the rear. I do not have turn signals in the rear to wrap the straps to, any suggestions? Also, if I have to run the rear seat, how tough is it to get the huge top straps to tuck under the seat, or does it HAVE TO stay on top. Again, I am a solo rider and would love to have the hump on, but looking at the thickness of the straps, that doesn't look possible.

Ok One at a time for the back straps without signals put the clips in and depending what color your bike is get a small bungee cord to go under your tail section .Yes you can hook them up and put hump on I just don't recommend it to tight for the hump.There is no problem with the seat they are designed to go over top of seat but you can put under.Hope this helps and glad you like them..Would put some kind of tape between bags and plastic to keep them from rubbing ...Electrical tap works great its just a precaution....

<!--EDIT|BusaSamurai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157248742 -->

Would put some kind of tape between bags and plastic to keep them from rubbing ...Electrical tap works great its just a precaution....
Thanks Samurai for the ideas, I am going to look at the bungee idea in the morning. For now, I actually used the two extra straps and connected them together which seems to have a nice fit. I will probably pickup the tail bag one day soon so I am not too worried about the hump, I already have the hump mod for it so I wouldn't want to put too much stress on it anyways. The bags are awesome and exactly what I needed for communiting to work and back. What exactly do you mean by putting tape.... Do you mean the plastics of the bike on the rubber mats, or on the bungee? Just not too sure what you mean by putting tape.

Would put some kind of tape between bags and plastic to keep them from rubbing ...Electrical tap works great its just a precaution....
Thanks Samurai for the ideas, I am going to look at the bungee idea in the morning.  For now, I actually used the two extra straps and connected them together which seems to have a nice fit.  I will probably pickup the tail bag one day soon so I am not too worried about the hump, I already have the hump mod for it so I wouldn't want to put too much stress on it anyways.  The bags are awesome and exactly what I needed for communiting to work and back.  What exactly do you mean by putting tape.... Do you mean the plastics of the bike on the rubber mats, or on the bungee?  Just not too sure what you mean by putting tape.
Yes put the tape where ever the bags rubb the bike plastic to keep from scuffing the clear coat . Just in case some road grime or sand gets up there the rubber cant rub through the tape and scratch it .Its just a little bit of insurance.

Sorry double post and no delete option...

<!--EDIT|JQBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157322207 -->

Back