MOUNT TIRES?

I do . I have a modified harbor freight that has soft non marking jaws . Use a Mojolever , and a tire spoon .
Tips to make thing easy leave tire in sun for a bit to soften . No Sun a hair dryer in the tire for 10 to 15 minutes . Cold tires are stiff , and more work to mount . Long Tire spoons can bend / damage a rim . Once you have some practice 8 to 10 inch spoons work great .
A old piece of carpet / moving blanket will work too , but be careful as you can bend rotor carriers easily .

Here is some info on Lube ( copy / paste ) I have had soap damage on my previous wheels from using soapy dawn water . A winger turned me onto Armor All ( not on TREAD ! ) but wiped on a sponge then to the bead surface .

On the web there are some negative comments regarding soap as a tire install lubricant. Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) is used to make soap, but is not present in the final soap product if the soap is made correctly. NaOH can damage aluminum.
However, the NaOH should get consumed in the soap making process. Some people refer to http://www.randakks.com/TechTip62.htm, but this should not happen if the soap was made correctly. Soap is also recommended by tire manufacturers as an install lubricant. If you are worried about soap damage then use tire mounting lubricant.

Well I suck, I take mine to the cycle shop and pay :banghead:
Always thought about trying to use my car wheel machine but I think the jaws would mar the hell out of the rim

E0B8E306-A6B5-43CB-AF50-309A5BA7F13A.jpeg

87BCB13F-D6D4-4D07-B89C-D6ACA0FC90C1.jpeg

B254C6D3-06D3-4E90-A4FF-CECF5947908C.jpeg

A1F9925B-619D-468D-A17A-D7E449148341.jpeg

Steven i'm jealous you live close to Frank . Would love to visit his place some day , and spend a little coin on something .
So Atlas makes plastic protectors for the machine you have . Motospace garage ( my friends place ) he has a Atlas machine we use with all the appropriate motorcycle attachments . Ill do sets of tires at Paul's private motorcycle club . No one beats me on the tire machine . Two ( front/ rear ) in under 3 minutes ;)

I just use the tyre machine and balancer machine at my work place . . a motorcycle workshop.
Previous to workong at the bike shop I always used car tyre chane machines at the car workshops I've worked at, and they all had plastic protectors on the jaws.

Well I suck, I take mine to the cycle shop and pay :banghead:
Always thought about trying to use my car wheel machine but I think the jaws would mar the hell out of the rim

View attachment 1589711

View attachment 1589712

View attachment 1589713

View attachment 1589714
Man, that tyre machine has been to hell and back, ever thought about maybe give it a clean and a good ol' service??
As for the jaws, maybe use a rag on each one to protect your rims, if you wanna change tyres on it?

Steven i'm jealous you live close to Frank . Would love to visit his place some day , and spend a little coin on something .
So Atlas makes plastic protectors for the machine you have . Motospace garage ( my friends place ) he has a Atlas machine we use with all the appropriate motorcycle attachments . Ill do sets of tires at Paul's private motorcycle club . No one beats me on the tire machine . Two ( front/ rear ) in under 3 minutes ;)
I have to look into those. I mean I like to give the business to frank so I don’t mind paying but it would be cool to do a swap out if I needed.
I could literally walk to Franks, but Sadly I was working on paperwork and bills for customers so I had to send my drivers to him. They did snap some pics in awe while there though....

9596588F-3189-434D-B40B-6BE1C7173E1C.jpeg

10CC84CB-0594-429A-9642-3E9478F0E33E.jpeg

Man, that tyre machine has been to hell and back, ever thought about maybe give it a clean and a good ol' service??
As for the jaws, maybe use a rag on each one to protect your rims, if you wanna change tyres on it?
Lol yea we are a fleet and truck shop so our stuff gets used and abused. It works very well though. You are right I should service it while it still works well.

I used to work on tractor trailers, so I've changed hundreds of tires. But our spoons were like 3-4ft lol. Had a tire explode once inside a cage. Flipped the cage, and sent a 55gallon drum across the room into a wall.

I was curious as I think I may start doing my own at home.
That is why I stopped doing truck tires that is some scary sh!t lol. Those 22.5’s are nightmares but it’s funny the company I now outsource to is mobile. These guys do this like it’s nothing. I have seen them replace outer rear tires on a truck without even removing the rim.

I used to work on tractor trailers, so I've changed hundreds of tires. But our spoons were like 3-4ft lol. Had a tire explode once inside a cage. Flipped the cage, and sent a 55gallon drum across the room into a wall.

I was curious as I think I may start doing my own at home.
Aren't you glad radials came along and airing up a lot safer
I know am

Haven't you been paying attention Steve has been too busy cleaning every part on his bike for the past few months when not working. C10 is proud but not satisfied; now is working on getting him hooked on Pro Bolts and those are your cliff notes.

This subject has been on my mind lately. I looked & looked some more on line for a while now and I think I will pull the trigger on this set up after X-mass a bit. I know it is not new but it seems very efficent and shop user friendly as I don't want something that takes up a lot of space all the time or that must be mounted down some how. I am capable but see no need to poor concrete for a devise that is difficult to secure/release the rim etc. I can see spending a little more to not have these frustrations over time like on the Ebay one I almost bought. Check out Max2H.com It is easy to use is 280 euros for 2nd model Ev02 think that's $318.77 or 340 euros/$387.07 for machine & a balancer, use on 13" to 21" tires and can be dismanteled folded & placed into a bag. This is my latest obsesion... Has anyone seen this or have insight on what I am set on?

Back