Motul Synthetic Oil

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Did a search, no results, soo..
Does/has anyone used Motul 300V 4T synthetic oil? Any clutch issues? Read a chemical breakdown of a bunch of oils from a few years back and the afore mentioned oil had a big spike of Molybdeum in it, almost as much as some car oils.
Anyone use it and have clutch problems? Anyone use it and NOT have clutch problems?
I've used Motul Syn-Blend in the past with great results but the blend version had very little to no Moly in it.
I probably should just stop reading tech articles then this stuff wouldn't be a problem.
crazy.gif

Thanks.. Tom

I run the (green) Motul, it's the full synthetic. Haven't had a problem with it but I've only run it for 3,000 miles (8,000 on the bike). I commute and run land speed on the bike.

I have used the Motul Synthetic Blend NO PROBLEMS, I Have for the past 3 or 4 oil changes. The bike store I purchase it from was out. So Im running Honda Syn Blend (GOLD BOTTLE no Moly).
Loomis.

I run the (green) Motul, it's the full synthetic. Haven't had a problem with it but I've only run it for 3,000 miles (8,000 on the bike). I commute and run land speed on the bike.
thumb_up.gif

Same here, green bottle Motul for 6,000 miles now with nothing but an improvement in engine & shifting smoothness.

I put in Motul 7100 full synthetic oil in the spring and all is well.

Attachments

• http___www.motul.bmp
    131.4 KB · Views: 875
Been using motul semisyth (5100 i think) for a while now with no issues at all. Better than the mineral oil and cheaper than full syth so its a win win for me. Tranny loves it too, shifts alot smoother...

i've been using the Motul 300V 4T 15W50 and love it...engine and tranny both seem to be running smoother
beerchug.gif

I put in Motul 7100 full synthetic oil in the spring and all is well.
Just had the LBS order me a gallon of the 7100. Their supplier (Parts Unlimited or some such) was out of the 300V and "would not have anymore for a while", so not knowing how long "awhile" would be and with 320 miles until change time, I went with the next best grade, 7100.
Thanks for the feedback everyone
ThumbsUp.gif
.. Tom

Another oil tread...

What always amazed me is that people saying.. I used this oil and no issues whatsoever....

What issues you think you might encounter? Your engine seized? You can poor wd40 in that engine and it will work for years... well. maybe not wd40 but any cheeppo wallyword dino oil for $.99 per quart. And you will not have a problem, not a single one oil related for the lifetime of your engine.

Motul 7100 is no better then M1 or Amsoil. None of them use pure PAO anymore. If you like to feel the difference try Royal Purple.
All priced about the same and all of those excellent lubricants.

I use Motul 15w50. Been using it for a couple years with great results. It's neat to seeand feel how a full synthetic works your engine over time. I've had to turn my idle speed down 3 times so far.

Back