Mototeck undertail walkthrough

kkattan

Donating Member
Registered
Hi Guys, here is a simple walk throught.. Very basic with too much detail. It is designed with the most basic mechanic in mind

good luck. Please send me suggestions or corrections. I still have a little more work left on the walk through.

thanks.

that is good poo poo kkattan! I cant believe you hacked that old undertail off like the one in the directions... i literally HACKED mine off with a dremal and hacksaw and when i was done i had about 10 pieces of plastic left! I also was covered with black melted plastic pieces too! I had problems with the foward left side plastic rivit. It wouldnt stay in the undertail... so i had to use a screw, nut and washer to hold it in. Other than that i soldered my wires together the night before and installed the tail this moring. Looks good on the bike. Now i just need the stainless steel bracket and i'm complete!

Completed Pics?
yeah thats coming...
here is one for now..

before_after.JPG

that is good poo poo kkattan!  I cant believe you hacked that old undertail off like the one in the directions... i literally HACKED mine off with a dremal and hacksaw and when i was done i had about 10 pieces of plastic left!  I also was covered with black melted plastic pieces too!  I had problems with the foward left side plastic rivit.  It wouldnt stay in the undertail... so i had to use a screw, nut and washer to hold it in.  Other than that i soldered my wires together the night before and installed the tail this moring.  Looks good on the bike.  Now i just need the stainless steel bracket and i'm complete!
thanks! yeah the hacksaw was a little slower.. but i didnt have the money to invest in a dremel.. so wanted to try the cheap way. Also figured not everyone would have a dremel so no execuses for not doing this, I did it with a $4 hacksaw.

Wiring is coming next, so feel please dont laugh.. I know you a pro at wiring.
smile.gif

that is good poo poo kkattan!  I cant believe you hacked that old undertail off like the one in the directions... i literally HACKED mine off with a dremal and hacksaw and when i was done i had about 10 pieces of plastic left!  I also was covered with black melted plastic pieces too!  I had problems with the foward left side plastic rivit.  It wouldnt stay in the undertail... so i had to use a screw, nut and washer to hold it in.  Other than that i soldered my wires together the night before and installed the tail this moring.  Looks good on the bike.  Now i just need the stainless steel bracket and i'm complete!
10 pcs means im better then you i had a floor full dremmel all the way hot melted plastic flying all over the place ..aaarrrr aaarrr arrrr

Nice job K- appreciate the effort. Tail looks great
cool.gif

Looks great,,, but im still partial to the Top-Gun

cool.gif
cool.gif

Johns_008.jpg

cool.gif

kkattan,
thx man for taking the time and laying your install out like that. I'm waitng on my Cyclops tail from Rumble imports to show up. Your picks will help loads. Thanks again man

kkattan,
thx man for taking the time and laying your install out like that. I'm waitng on my Cyclops tail from Rumble imports to show up. Your picks will help loads. Thanks again man
your welcome. sorry i still havent finished it.
hope to finish the last part soon (basically drilling holes.. sodering, putting it back on)

hardest part is up on the web.
smile.gif

Back