Mototeck Undertail Relay Resistor...

M3Busa

Registered
I am about to order the Mototeck undertail and noticed the "Relay / Resistor" do i need this to slow down my flashers? Is it a must have?

Thanks in advance

If the undertail has L.E.D. lights the relay is to slow down the blink rate. I like mine blinking fast, it looks different then normal and hopefully gets more attention that way.

Resistor will change the blink rate on led's (radio shack has then for roughly $1.06ea... Relay is nothing more than an electric switch that when activated can supply a steady stream of power! Often the loads required are greater than the capacity of the original equipment so you run a dedicated power source with a relay to complete the system.
beerchug.gif

Resistor will change the blink rate on led's (radio shack has then for roughly $1.06ea... Relay is nothing more than an electric switch that when activated can supply a steady stream of power! Often the loads required are greater than the capacity of the original equipment so you run a dedicated power source with a relay to complete the system.  
beerchug.gif
yes, i know what they are and what they do. I am asking, do i need it? i had decided to go with the radio shack option. i just need to find out what value do i need.

thanks

is a personal preference UNLESS you live in California... CA has laws about blink rates of all things. Indicator lights can only blink "rapidly" for 5 cycles and then either go solid or normal rate. (I think once per second is the rule).

I have tried running without them and personally do not like the fast blink rate.. radio shack has a 7.5ohm/50Watt resister that works just fine for the $1.60 posted above, you need 2 of them and they just wire in parallel with the LED's

I might add I have also used the 10ohm/50watt with out any problems in case they do not have the 7.5

there is a huge delay right now. i ordered mine and it just shipped. i ordered a month and a half ago. they couldnt even get one themselves so they got me one from a store who happened to have one. so be patient with this tail its going to be a while.
lurk.gif

i've ordered direct. great customer service. i like mine flashing fast
smileyexhibit.gif

anybody got a picture of this, on the bike ? I think that's going to be the next thing I do to my bike, undertail. I just don't know which one to get ? I want one that looks good, but people can see.

ANY IDEAS ? I'm nowhere near enough talented to take one apart, and add lights,
boohoo.gif

i have the Mototeck on my bike...i ordered mine with the following options:

2 - Lens options: Brake / flasher / transparent
3 - Leds options: 2 x 1157 (48Led red), 2 x (6 Led amber), 1 x Led white

because i wanted to make sure it was as visible as possible...it takes extra time for them to make it when you upgrade to the higher # of LED's...i think i waited approximately 6 months for mine to come in...here is a pic with one lens on and one off so you can see the LED's
beerchug.gif

IMG_1589__Large_.JPG

my install thread linky

i also used the Mototeck resistor's since i personally like the slower flash rate...bought a set from kromdom that he had decided not to use

i have the Mototeck on my bike...i ordered mine with the following options:

2 - Lens options: Brake / flasher / transparent
3 - Leds options: 2 x 1157 (48Led red), 2 x (6 Led amber), 1 x Led white

because i wanted to make sure it was as visible as possible...it takes extra time for them to make it when you upgrade to the higher # of LED's...i think i waited approximately 6 months for mine to come in...here is a pic with one lens on and one off so you can see the LED's
beerchug.gif
6 MONTHS
eek2.gif

I have the programmable relay. I have 10 choices/blinking patterns I can choose from. Great product for $40 from fleabay.

I left mine off, I liked the spastic blink, it gets attention...

Hey semi, and fast1200gp, thanks for the pic.'s. That undertail looks REALLY GOOD on the bike !!

Back