Mototeck undertail - group buy

For those who have installed thier undertails, how would you rate the visibility for day time riding?
just finished installing mine and washing it up... to me from a distance it doesnt look bad but i will wait to see what my buddies say when they are behind me to let me know what it looks like while riding... at night... looks great! nice and bright!

When I went to get my inspection sticker the guy stood there shaking his head up and down and said "repeat after me... No I just installed it the other day, when I got my sticker the stock blinkers were on there...".

My bike is lowered and you can't see the underside blinkers unless you are a ways back, if you after closer than 25 feet or driving a truck/SUV forget it...

I'm still thinking about having a set of rear pegs made into blinkers...

If your bike is stock or raised in the rear you might see the blinkers a little better.

When I went to get my inspection sticker the guy stood there shaking his head up and down and said "repeat after me...  No I just installed it the other day, when I got my sticker the stock blinkers were on there...".

My bike is lowered and you can't see the underside blinkers unless you are a ways back, if you after closer than 25 feet or driving a truck/SUV forget it...

I'm still thinking about having a set of rear pegs made into blinkers...

If your bike is stock or raised in the rear you might see the blinkers a little better.
yep, when i lived in Mass, they state inspection gave the undertails a hard time.. Thats becuase most are not DOT approved.. However, here in Michigan,, NO state inspection
smile.gif

I didn't swap them yet, I've got 300ish miles planned for next weekend and want to see how the plastic holds up.  Besides I don't feel like breaking the damn locktight free again.  I already took it apart once this week to to add aluminum and neoprene washers to keep the plate from chafing the undertail...

The stainless doesn't look like great quality anyway.  Mine wil end up painted black...

<!--EDIT|DNGrumpy
Reason for Edit: "spellun' errer"|1143344586 -->

Hi guy's, I waned the Undertail Mod to be my 1st port. I have been lurking around for a while, just checking everyone out. Had my 06 LE for less that a month. Just turned 875 miles and enjoying the cool to sunny weather i So. Florida. Anyway, here goes... By the way, I am having trouble getting a couple rivets back in; plan to get it done today. There will be other pic's...

Mototeck1_Medium_Web_view.jpg

I thought my eye's were playing tricks on me or that my camera had gone bad. Kept looking and new something was missing. Then I remembered that I added a hugger on Tuesday night and that the posted pic's were after the Undertail install. My bad.

Mototeck3_Medium_Web_view.jpg

Well folks, the UPS person just left my house and guess what he left?

MY FUGGEN UNDERTAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought this thing would NEVER get here. My free gift is a K&N oil filter.

Also, they sent it with the stainless plate bracket. I'll post pics when I get it put on.

Thanks again Kkattan
your welcome i hope you get undertail on before the big ride.

good luck.
smile.gif
Nawww!!!!! Kkattan it's too late now. We're leaving early Fri. A.M. so it'll have to sit till I get back home.

BUT atleast I have it now......... right?

Well folks, the UPS person just left my house and guess what he left?

MY FUGGEN UNDERTAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought this thing would NEVER get here. My free gift is a K&N oil filter.

Also, they sent it with the stainless plate bracket. I'll post pics when I get it put on.

Thanks again Kkattan
your welcome i hope you get undertail on before the big ride.

good luck.
smile.gif
Nawww!!!!!   Kkattan it's too late now. We're leaving early Fri. A.M. so it'll have to sit till I get back home.

BUT atleast I have it now......... right?
yep.. Thats all that matters.. or wait.. with my walkthrough.. maybe. nah.. wait tilll you get back..

have fun.

I thought my eye's were playing tricks on me or that my camera had gone bad. Kept looking and new something was missing. Then I remembered that I added a hugger on Tuesday night and that the posted pic's were after the Undertail install. My bad.
Is that a MOTOTEK hugger or somebody elses?

Got it locally in Fort Lauderdale; one of my riding buddies found this guy on e-bay. He was local, so he alowed him to pick it up; saved on the shipping... short of it all, he promised me the same price ($70 + tax). It used the stock holes from the stock chain guard. I had to drill 1 hole on the right side. The color matched perfect, so I took it; after installing the Mototeck tail, I did not want to put her on the road naked, so I took it. It's actually great; color matched to a 'T'. The vendor is called PITECK. Need the number to call him, let me know.

found this on ebay also (a dead ringer for the extreme graphics unit):Item number: 4624729535
6d_1.JPG

and here's one by PITECK, looks like a redesigned unit (:Item number: 4624160758)
1123200405405_0ab_1_b.JPG

ok, after some serious bull shid with these fugging morons, I have cancelled my order. I have had it, they are a bunch of freaking idiots who know nothing of customer service. And for those that waited and only got a K&N Filter... you should have beotched and requested something more than a $6 part
mad.gif

I'm officially moving that we black list exoticsportbike.com from ANY further sales from the site membership. Not one aspect of that company seems to give one ounce of a crap
mad.gif
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

ok, after some serious bull shid with these fugging morons, I have cancelled my order.  I have had it, they are a bunch of freaking idiots who know nothing of customer service.  And for those that waited and only got a K&N Filter... you should have beotched and requested something more than a $6 part
mad.gif

I'm officially moving that we black list exoticsportbike.com from ANY further sales from the site membership.  Not one aspect of that company seems to give one ounce of a crap
mad.gif
mad.gif
I'm still waiting on my godamn replacement tail because of the tail lights that didn't work. They said they would ship me a new one when they had a tracking no on my old one. That was 2 fuggin weeks ago! Their customer service said the new one is in the mail last week and I still haven't seen it. They also were supposed to e-mail me a tracking no. Yeah right! Plus, they claimed UPS damaged the tail so they get paid from UPS and me. I also already dremeled the a$$ out of my bike for the tail so I have been bikeless for almost a mother fuggen month now. Fuk Exotic!

mad.gif

mad.gif

Back