motorstand for pulled motor

Berlin Germany

Registered
hi dears

here you can see some pics of my selfmade motor stand that really works perfect

Staender_mit_Haya-Motor_3.jpg

and here is the additional pdf with all dimensions.
pls remember - all dimensions are metric in mm
feel free to download - that´s what i wrote it for.

Great job, Frank.
Thanks for the PDF specs, I've saved that but I hope I never need a stand for my engine, I really just want it to keep running strong as it does!

hi dears

here you can see some pics of my selfmade motor stand that really works perfect

View attachment 1611873

and here is the additional pdf with all dimensions.
pls remember - all dimensions are metric in mm
feel free to download - that´s what i wrote it for.

What does it mean to call someone dear?

If someone or something is dear to you, it means you hold them or it very close to your heart, as in "My country is very dear to me" or "She is a dear friend." As a written form of address — such as "Dear Mr. So-and-so" — dear is generally a polite but impersonal standard greeting.

Vocabulary.com

What does it mean to call someone dear?

If someone or something is dear to you, it means you hold them or it very close to your heart, as in "My country is very dear to me" or "She is a dear friend." As a written form of address — such as "Dear Mr. So-and-so" — dear is generally a polite but impersonal standard greeting.

Vocabulary.com
An education in English usage....
Our German friend does ok I reckon.
Some unusual sayings though lol.

Reactions: c10
Not a bad deal , and like the dog bones used in construction . I prefer this stand better though as one can split cases , and roll it to any angle desired . its just a general motor stand for cars or whatever with a motorcycle built adapter plate . This particular plate fits all ZX based engines from the late 80's to 2005 ZZR1200 . Also by luck fits the hayabusa with a few washers moved around

Not a bad deal , and like the dog bones used in construction . (...)

thx :-)
(i took all material outa the steel scrap corner in my garage)

and yes you are right the stand is only built for
1. storing a haya motor "safe" for a (short) while
2. keeping the haya motor safe in a upright position for all works at head and cylinder
2.b for transmission works i will build another one (with the same look) wich then i think takes two of the allen bolts at the head plus a long stick again in the rear

3. caused by the bolts my stand is a little bit variable and e.g. suitable also keeping upright a yamaha fj1200 motor.
thatfor i organized a 10mm stick (the dia 12 stick of my pdf didn´t fit to the fj motor) for the rear and moved the front flat steels some degrees to the front plus two, a bit longer, bolts and nuts (to prevent the bolts from slipping out when moving) - it seemingly works fine.

so, i guess, my stand perhaps fits to other motors too.

and by the bolts/screws the whole thing is more or less foldable and by that a lot better storable when not in use.

the "turn over" motor stand is - at my opinion - not really usable for motorcycle motors - only when you "take" these motors sidewise - then you can turn em at all degrees.
but how to get the motor to the stand? seems to be a hard work.
using mine you can connect to the motor, still inside frame, at its front and when hanging with a strip to a chain hoist or so you loose the rear lower framestick and put in the dia 12 stick of my pdf.
then you can lower the motor to your ramp and
move "the rest" by the chain hoist over the motor and away - this i call the "flying busa" - lool -

thx :-)
(i took all material outa the steel scrap corner in my garage)

and yes you are right the stand is only built for
1. storing a haya motor "safe" for a (short) while
2. keeping the haya motor safe in a upright position for all works at head and cylinder
2.b for transmission works i will build another one (with the same look) wich then i think takes two of the allen bolts at the head plus a long stick again in the rear

3. caused by the bolts my stand is a little bit variable and e.g. suitable also keeping upright a yamaha fj1200 motor.
thatfor i organized a 10mm stick (the dia 12 stick of my pdf didn´t fit to the fj motor) for the rear and moved the front flat steels some degrees to the front plus two, a bit longer, bolts and nuts (to prevent the bolts from slipping out when moving) - it seemingly works fine.

so, i guess, my stand perhaps fits to other motors too.

and by the bolts/screws the whole thing is more or less foldable and by that a lot better storable when not in use.

the "turn over" motor stand is - at my opinion - not really usable for motorcycle motors - only when you "take" these motors sidewise - then you can turn em at all degrees.
but how to get the motor to the stand? seems to be a hard work.
using mine you can connect to the motor, still inside frame, at its front and when hanging with a strip to a chain hoist or so you loose the rear lower framestick and put in the dia 12 stick of my pdf.
then you can lower the motor to your ramp and
move "the rest" by the chain hoist over the motor and away - this i call the "flying busa" - lool -
Hi. I have the Tiger Racing motor stand.You can work on the top. than turn over the motor and work on the oil pan and trans with out taking the motor off the stand $149.00 + shipping. Tiger Racing Motorcycle Parts.

Hi. I have the Tiger Racing motor stand.You can work on the top. than turn over the motor and work on the oil pan and trans with out taking the motor off the stand $149.00 + shipping. Tiger Racing Motorcycle Parts.

hi michael
thanks for the name
but pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease post a direct link to the tool / stand
i tried google but the results are not really sufficiant
and i didn´t find "your" very interesting description of that special stand

but how to get the motor out of the frame - safely ?
thatfor i will always at first use my stand, because with it the motor will stand ! on my ramp and wouldn´t never fall over

hi michael
thanks for the name
but pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease post a direct link to the tool / stand
i tried google but the results are not really sufficiant
and i didn´t find "your" very interesting description of that special stand

but how to get the motor out of the frame - safely ?
thatfor i will always at first use my stand, because with it the motor will stand ! on my ramp and wouldn´t never fall over
Hi. Well try 1st-to-the-finish-line.com or Tiger Racing: Motorcycle Performance Parts,Sport Bike. com US phone #419-478-7552 let me know if this works for you. My E Mail vn66676869@aol.com

hi michael
first of all thanks for the link :thumbsup:

but after a lot of thought, I came to the conclusion that I don't really need this special part.
i'm a pure private "screwdriver" who doesn't really need such a seemingly professional tool.

my "head up" holder is ready and the "head down" holder is already 70% complete - I found it yesterday when I moved my workshop
and I think that the number of engines that I would have to repair is so small that such an investment of $149 + shiping would never be worthwhile for me.
a few small parts from the scrap box and the holder can also be used.
(If the head-down holder is finished at any time, I will also publish its drawings and dimensions here as a pdf.)

Back