MOTORHEAD OR NUMB NUTS

OB_rchh

Registered
WHY PUT OFF TOMMOROW WHEN YOU CAN DO TODAY LOL. OK PULLED PASS SEAT AND MAIN SEAT, SMALL WHITE PLUG UNDER MAIN SEAT 2 WIRES , WHITE RED STRIPE AND BLACK WITH WHITE STRIPE JUMPED BOTH WIRES WITH THE KEY ON THE DISPLAY READ - COO 1ST MARK WAS CLOSER T THE TOP ------ - WAS EVEN WITH THE TOP OF THE C ANY IDEAS GETTING READY TO LIFT TANK. IS THAT A GOOD CODE ON THE DISPLAY ?

lifted the tank all conections were good, vacume hoses fine. took the bike for test drive after 10 mins fi light came back on had to push it 1/2 block home. stalled right out. tommorow i quess i have to check the tank screens and check fuel pump again. any other ideals let me know. when i jumped the display it read -coo slash mark level with the top of the c. was that a good reading shop manual is b/o.

rcch

You must jumper the switch, without turning off the ignition after the cutout (I think this is correct) a code will then flash up where you saw the -cOO. (there is 3 positions for the first line, top middle or bottom, this is all to do with the TPS settings)

Apart from that, I would suggest talking to Johnnycheese. He knows WAY, WAY more than me!!

Nuts ;)

found the problem, screen filter under the pump motor 90% clog, small thunble filter ok and the paper fiter and gas tank were good. thanks for the help. 2nd time had to cleaned the fuel pump with 10,000 miles.

Back