Motorcyclist test results

FLCN72

Registered
Hey all. I know this topic has already been discussed, but I thought I might add some facts and figures from the article for those who haven't seen it.

ZX-12R vs. Busa

They did a number of passes through the quarter mile with these bikes. All with the same rider. Factory teams maintained the bikes.

In the first round the bikes were bone stock, as they would come right off the showroom floor. The Busa wasn't even through its first service interval yet. The best times were: 9.92 @ 143.74 for the Kawasaki and 9.88 @ 143.88 for our Busa.

Round two allowed the suspensions to be lowered. So they added dog bones for the rear. They dropped the Kawasaki front forks in the triple clamps, but used straps to lower the Busa. The best times were: 9.682 @ 145.53 for the Kawasaki and 9.583 @ 145.67 for the Busa.

Round three kept the suspension mods but changed the front sprockets on both bikes. They went down one tooth up front. 9.549 @ 146.77 for the Kawasaki and 9.471 @ 147.56 for the Busa.

In short the Busa won all three rounds.

AS IF WE DIDN'T KNOW THAT ALREADY...
laugh.gif

So I have a bet with a guy on which bike is faster. He says that when you remove the restrictions from both bikes, and do nothing else, the ZX is faster. I wonder why the mag didn't test like that.

Any comments?

Given that factory reps from both sides were there, I'm sure they would have liked to try. Perhaps removing factory built limiters isn't something easily done. But then again, at top speeds of less than 150 MPH, do the limiters matter?

They need to do another top end test. I realize that the top speeds of both bikes is limited, but what about how fast they get there? Or acceleration tests from 100 to 180 MPH? Things like that.

This drag strip test leaves some room for Ninja fans to make unsubstantiated claims of still beating our Busas in other ways.
tounge.gif

yupper... apples and oranges. I love both fruits, but prefer apples a little bit more. But they are both good for me and cost about the same. Some days I CRAVE oranges, some days Apples.... once I craved BOTH, but in any case, the apple wins out in my heart just .1 more... so...[here it comes]

...that makes the Busa the Apple of my eye. ;)

Thank you, thank you very much. I'll be here all week.

WHAT I ENJOYED ABOUT THE ARTICLE WAS THE INFORMATION THAT THE KAWA GUYS SHOWED UP WITH RACING HAULER,EXTRA BIKES,TENT,FACT MECHANICS ,ETC ,ETC
THE BUSA GUYS JUST SHOWED UP IN A VAN WITH A 40TH EDITION BUSA WITH 180 MILES ON IT. DIDNT EVEN BOTHER TO BREAK IT IN.
GOOD ARTICLE

That just goes to prove that the Busa in Biggest and Baddest Bike on the planet. The Kawi guys can say what they want but I think that zx12 is the uglyest bike it looks to un finished. Needs more detail.

The busa rules! But I can see that the kawa would be better for twisties and stunts. When it comes to speed, BUSA

I checked out a used 01 busa for sale for my cousin here, but he's been a Kawi man for a long time. I think he's gonna buy the 12 this fall. Silly cousin...
tounge.gif

" Let the games begin! "

I hate to be the first one to point this out.......you guys are gonna shi! kick me for this...but.....those times are real close.
In the real world on the real streets it would be very possible for our beloved Busa to get kicked by a 12.
I love my Busa like no other bike....and I'm trying not to be biased just because I own one.
Here's how I see it:
The 12 is no Busa.......when most people see a zx-12 they say...."hey there's a fast bike" and they're right......but when people see a Busa they say..."hey there's the fastest damn bike on the planet".......and I'd rather own the bike that brings young men to their knees, and sends mommy's running for their children!!!!!
end of story.

I hate to be the first one to point this out.......you guys are gonna shi! kick me for this...but.....those times are real close.
In the real world on the real streets it would be very possible for our beloved Busa to get kicked by a 12.
I love my Busa like no other bike....and I'm trying not to be biased just because I own one.
Here's how I see it:
The 12 is no Busa.......when most people see a zx-12 they say...."hey there's a fast bike" and they're right......but when people see a Busa they say..."hey there's the fastest damn bike on the planet".......and I'd rather own the bike that brings young men to their knees, and sends mommy's running for their children!!!!!
end of story.
Your Right Monster, But, On the streets the Busa is going to allow a slightly less skilled rider to potentially take out a slightly better rider on a ZX12 because of the Busa's longer lower profile allows more power to be applied earlier....Maybe...

Besides in the real world the Busa still has a midrange that is unrivaled and in a less than 1/4 mile run this should come into play...

GRUNT Baby, it's all about the torque...maybe...

Here's how I see it:
end of story.
monster, what planet you say your from? I have done 4 twelves and the result has always been the same, two 12s were modded, no help with my stock busa. they got kicked, and shame on kawasaki for putting so many 12s on the showroom floors with bad clutches, they really do need to find a fix for that, cuz Id like to see what the ass end of a 12 looks like at 180, and any one that thinks 12s are the poop in the twisties, think again, stomped em on thier roads, I either got a very cherry 02 busa, or whoever rides the busas from those test mags are clueless?

and a footnote, I also kicked two of those same 12s with the silver bullet! hahaha, a modded twelve getting spanked by a stock liter bike, hahahahahahaha, when my buddy gets his 12 out of the paint shop, I,m gonna break his paint in for him real proper! twelves, hahahahahahahahahahaha
jump9.gif

Here's how I see it:
end of story.
monster, what planet you say your from? I have done 4 twelves and the result has always been the same, two 12s were modded, no help with my stock busa. they got kicked, and shame on kawasaki for putting so many 12s on the showroom floors with bad clutches, they really do need to find a fix for that, cuz Id like to see what the ass end of a 12 looks like at 180, and any one that thinks 12s are the poop in the twisties, think again, stomped em on thier roads, I either got a very cherry 02 busa, or whoever rides the busas from those test mags are clueless?
I knew I'd get in shi! for sayin that!!!!!!
Outta curiosity.....how badly are you kickin them twisted???
And what's yer weight and riding ability like???

in the twisties real bad, in fact one of the guys tossed his prcticing on 9 mile road he travels home on every day a road I have only been on twice the first time beating him by about a mile! in the straights its hard to tell WTF the other guy is doing and I dont tell no 12 owners any tricks to get a good shot. but I have beaten them any where from a few lengths to a hunnerd feet in quarter mile to a mile runs. they either have a bad tire or a slipping clutch? I think the real problem is they have a kawasuki...

Back