Motorcyclist Killed In Freak Accident

man you gotta hate that kind of thing....

what is sad if the car had been secured properly, never would have happened... dang...

Truck driver would go to prison for that

ok. thats not one of the things i would have ever really thought of. thats awful. God help us

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Possible charges are pending further investigation.[/quote]
Yeah, hello! How can they NOT charge the hauler! sheesh!

Actually I'm always looking out for things flying off or out of trucks & the like but this was on the other side doubt you could have predicted that let alone seen it coming in time. Guess his number was up. Very sad.

Wow! that sux!
Deb, hows it going honey?
heart.gif

I was riding down the highway one time when a Chevy astro van broke the c-clip on one of its axles and out it came...the entire axle and left wheel rolling and flipping down the road right in from of my eyes, me not knowing wich way to manuever and grabbing all the brake I could muster short of doing an endo! amazinly the van driver stayed on the road too.... about 5 miles later I saw one half of a double wide tipe over and roll down a hill furniture and all, completely destroyed, I went home and didnt ride for a week after that

i was on a highway in my celica left lane.
from the right lane a car started rollin in reverse from the right lane, at an arc directly toward me.
i slam on the brakes and hope for the best .the cars left rear corner comes to a stop against the barrier, about 6' in front of me.
the cars behind me are piling up, crashing into each other.
when it was clear i cut right and got the fk outa there:whistle:

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Possible charges are pending further investigation.[/quote]
Yeah, hello! How can they NOT charge the hauler! sheesh!

possible defective tie down

Thats terrrible. You are responsible for your load and how you have it secured. RIP rider.

What a shame.

What was that movie, where death followed people who it missed and came back at them for a second and third try until they died? That's what this reminds me of....

Bet this ends up being considered a motorcycle fatality (skews the statistics)

It's a weird thing. When it's your time, I guess it's your time.
I've had a few close brushes with death and it makes me wonder sometimes.

I hope the guy didn't suffer. Prayers for those left behind.

Things are not always as they appear.
I was driving behind a pick up truck and he floored it and a V8 engine came out the back, took out the tailgate, and landed on the road right in front of me.
He didn't have it tied down in any manner, it was just lying loose in the box.
I couldn't even see it in the box until it was coming out the back.
We mostly think we can be alert and see everything and the fluke stuff could still get you.
Be careful.

Last edited:
Back