Motorcyclist clocked going 193 mph on NY highway

I agree. Although I have been 150'smph in the rain(with speedohealer, so there abouts)...full leathers and a 2 mile, 2 lane straight away with NO TRAFFIC. Just because. The bike was no different than on dry pavement, any lane change or sudden movement may not have worked so well though; I imagine it would've been better than crashing on dry pavement though.:laugh:

^^^this guy is packin a way bigger satchel than
<<<<this guy :bowdown: :rofl:
I'm still learning my limits so I don't dare. Not much of rain rider anyway. I know that I'm entirely too throttle happy for wet roads.

With a good lawyer he will be alright. The officer that pulled him over isn't the one that clocked him. I have never lost a speeding tick trial, but I have never stopped somebody because somebody else told me how fast they were going in the next county. As far as 14 tickets go, it's possible if he violated some traffic signals, equipment violations, license violations, speed, insurance, helmet laws, glasses, DL not on person, etc. etc.... half of them will probably get dropped with an offer from the states attorney. At least that's how it works here in Cook County IL...hell here he would probably get 10 hours of community service plus court cost.

sounds like the guy should ask for the radar calibration testing reports...193 wasnt done in the wet on anything stock. You'd be hard pressed to get a busa to go that fast on dry roads without decent mods and considering all recent bikes are limited to 186, either he will get more tickets for modifications or he borrowed someone's NHRA drag bike :laugh:
He wasn't doing 193.....they've had this issue in the past, its hard for police radar to get an accurate read on the small profile of a bike at higher speeds. Several bike mags over the years have had trouble getting proper top speed numbers on their test bikes with police style radar. There was a guy a few years ago that got clocked and ticketed doing over 190 on his stock Honda RC-51....basically a 1000cc v-twin sportbike. They dropped the ticket I believe when it was proven the RC couldn't get anywhere near those speeds.

^^^this guy is packin a way bigger satchel than
<<<<this guy :bowdown: :rofl:
I'm still learning my limits so I don't dare. Not much of rain rider anyway. I know that I'm entirely too throttle happy for wet roads.

I have many, many years of wet riding experience...which really means nothing at all:laugh:, as it could go wrong at any time. Superbike and MotoGP guys make the rain look easy, but I usually slow down through the curves in the wet(I'm no where near that level, not even close).
Throttle happy is good on wet roads, I can drift on them pretty good...now if I could somehow get it right on dry pavement.:laugh:

He wasn't doing 193.....they've had this issue in the past, its hard for police radar to get an accurate read on the small profile of a bike at higher speeds. Several bike mags over the years have had trouble getting proper top speed numbers on their test bikes with police style radar. There was a guy a few years ago that got clocked and ticketed doing over 190 on his stock Honda RC-51....basically a 1000cc v-twin sportbike. They dropped the ticket I believe when it was proven the RC couldn't get anywhere near those speeds.

It was over 200mph they clocked him at, and the ticket stuck, BS.:beerchug:

i was wondering what 14 they picked as well lol. im thinking he got repeat violations in different counties oro something like that. i can only think of 6 or 7 speed related tix or maybe he had some vehicle violations.
They will write a ticket for each violation they see, and some they dont see. Say he did 193 in a 55, then further up the limit was 65, thats 2 tickets. Failure to signal, unsafe lane change 2 tickets. Thats 4 and all ya gotta do is the same speed and change lanes, they can add up very quickly when the police arent happy with your behavior.
Id say 8-10 will get thrown out and he'll get stuck with the nastiest few the have.

One of the articles (or maybe the link to the police press release) that I saw said it was an '05 Suzuki. I'm assuming a 'Busa. [Edit: do a Google search for "motorcycle clocked at 193 2005 Suzuki" and you'll find a number of articles.]

I would never ride that fast in the or ride in the rain at all.. But if I'm going that fast no one is catching me

With a good lawyer he will be alright. The officer that pulled him over isn't the one that clocked him. I have never lost a speeding tick trial, but I have never stopped somebody because somebody else told me how fast they were going in the next county. As far as 14 tickets go, it's possible if he violated some traffic signals, equipment violations, license violations, speed, insurance, helmet laws, glasses, DL not on person, etc. etc.... half of them will probably get dropped with an offer from the states attorney. At least that's how it works here in Cook County IL...hell here he would probably get 10 hours of community service plus court cost.

You're right, only in Cook County. I got clocked at 103 mph in DeKalb County back in '05, went to court w/ no lawyer, and found out the hard way that they don't have court supervision. I had to pay $500 to get my license back. The Trooper that got me was cool and told me that if he would've clocked me at 105, he would've had to take me to jail. This was in a car, of course. Personally after going that fast in the rain (allegedly), I would've found the first church.

I have many, many years of wet riding experience...which really means nothing at all:laugh:, as it could go wrong at any time. Superbike and MotoGP guys make the rain look easy, but I usually slow down through the curves in the wet(I'm no where near that level, not even close).
Throttle happy is good on wet roads, I can drift on them pretty good...now if I could somehow get it right on dry pavement.:laugh:

That's because those guys have tires designed for the rain (Don't stick for sh_t in the dry) that give knee draggin stick in standing water. You, unfortunately don't have that luxury on street tires. If you choose to ride aggressively in the rain make sure your medical insurance is paid up!

Wow, I didn't know it was over 200....and the ticket stuck?? :banghead: BS of the largest kind for sure.......

If it's the one I'm thinking of, he was timed with a stopwatch from an airplane.
He wasn't found guilty...he pleaded guilty in order to get a slap on the wrist.
Personally I would have hired a high priced lawyer simply on principle and to make the cop look like a fool. But at 20 years old I doubt he had cash pouring out his :moon: and made a wise choice to settle.

Sam Tilley, 20, pleaded guilty Wednesday to speeding and driving without a motorcycle license. He was sentenced to one year of probation and 200 hours of community service. Wabasha County Attorney Jim Nordstrom said he dropped a misdemeanor charge of reckless driving.

Tilley, who previously pleaded not guilty to the charges, decided against going to trial on charges that carried maximum penalties of 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine.

i got a ticket for 97 in a 65 once a couple of years ago. i was clocked by a town cop on the by-pass and pulled over based on color of bike and jacket 10 miles later by a county cop when i was doing 55 in a 55. it was some bs but i got it reduced to a 9 over

Back