Motorcycles & Hearing Loss!

never wore ear plugs with a helmet but I think it's worth a go. might even consider getting some nice molded plugs at that!

To the younger guys 20s or 30s... the effects add up over time and natural decline and induced damage add up to give you the big whammy sometime around 50. I took moderate care to protect my ears early on... But still I'm suffering now. I can still hear well in a quiet room, but forget about restaurants and such... My wife - blah blah blah - Me (the seemingly Old Man) Hun huh - what? I can't hear you! I've lost as much as 50% of hearing in certain registers. Even the drone of a car on the freeway makes it difficult to have a conversation.

Sucks...

To the younger guys 20s or 30s... the effects add up over time and natural decline and induced damage add up to give you the big whammy sometime around 50. I took moderate care to protect my ears early on... But still I'm suffering now. I can still hear well in a quiet room, but forget about restaurants and such... My wife - blah blah blah - Me (the seemingly Old Man) Hun huh - what? I can't hear you! I've lost as much as 50% of hearing in certain registers. Even the drone of a car on the freeway makes it difficult to have a conversation.

Sucks...

I cant see the downfall in not hearing the wife? :)

I cant see the downfall in not hearing the wife? :)

If that was all that was effected (the wife) then MAYBE it wouldn't be so bad. Depends somewhat on the type of wife. :whistle:

50 is pretty early to lose so much hearing which will be with you for the rest of your life.

Young people take note - Hearing loss is real for most people.:down: SAD BUT TRUE.

Back