Motorcycle Wheel Cleaning Stand

turbokaos

Registered
Picked me up one of those wheel cleaning stands for less than $30 bucks from Harbor Freight so far it works great.

2013-06-28 18.31.35.jpg

So it is worth the $30 or just buy the stands?
This looks easier though as with stands n lifting the bike stuff can happen...

So it is worth the $30 or just buy the stands?
This looks easier though as with stands n lifting the bike stuff can happen...

Just remember that with these devices you have now created a bigger distance from your side stand to the ground. Whatever the height of the device,lets say and inch and a half...well now your kick stand is now about an inch too short. Make sense? Its not the full 1" and a 1/2...because the side stand is half way between the wheels.

I would suggest a piece of wood under yer kickstand in order to remain stable.

RSD.

Also turbokaos...you started yer thread in an outdated section of the Org. Perhaps get a mod to move it for you.

RSD.

I have one and if your trying to use to lube or clean chain it walks the bike side to side depending on way you spin wheel..The front likely not to noticeable.

I have one for $25 shipped tyd. I just never use it with the lifts and stands I have

I was getting some walk with the front tire so I added third piece of wood to raise mine up a bit more and now I get very little walk if any at all. It also helps to hold the front of the tire with one hand and the back with the other hand while rotating to keep the wheel straight. I have a 240 on the back and am not getting any walk with it. I Also use one of my kids hair scrunchy to hold in the front brake when doing the back wheel.

As a precaution I'm using some wider pieces of wood to give it some room to walk just in case it did, you wouldn't want the kick stand sliding off a piece of 2x4. Also make sure you don't raise the kick stand up to high as you don't want an accidental tip over.

I have one and if your trying to use to lube or clean chain it walks the bike side to side depending on way you spin wheel..The front likely not to noticeable.

I have one for $25 shipped tyd. I just never use it with the lifts and stands I have

Back