Motorcycle Shop Christmas Party's are the BEST!!!

Kiwi Rider

Registered
We had our work Christmas party today, but not the usual run of the mill go out to a restaurant and bar type function . . .
no, this was the type of work party that you have more fun at than any other party!
We all headed out to one of our staff member's farm 50kms north of the city, 100 acres of beautiful cattle grazing paddocks and hills and gullys, with a lot of empty paddocks growing grass for hay, with a great dirt bike track in one big paddock too!
The company supplied the beer, the food, the BIKES!!! and the entertainment with drinking games and a Secret Santa gift giving ceremony lol.
It was such a blast, I rode every bike there, and the RM250 was insane . . I almost fell off the back of it a couple of times, the throttle response is lightning fast and it is quick as hell, if any of you lot have ever ridden one you'll know what I mean.
The guys were egging me on to take the Busa around the track but I graciously declined, stating . . "sorry guys but I have the wrong tires fitted today, maybe next time lol"
Here's some pics and a short vid clip . . .

The guy on the left is on a DT125 Yammie, very very quick rider, WOT everywhere!!

Below pic, see that orange KTM look alike? (Chinese copy) its a 250 4 stroke and goes really well, I won most of the races on that, unless the RM250 was out there, but the other guys are really competitive riders, even on those AG125 bikes, and there was a guy on a DT125 Yamaha 1974 and he was FAST on that, but he was a top motocross racer in his younger days, he beat me a few times lol.

Below, 2000 RM250, lethal in the wrong hands !

We had so much fun, best Xmas party I've ever been to!!

Your company hiring? Old people? Have Busa, will travel.
Well, they hired me. . . at 60 !
I’ll ask for ya, you never know lol.
Actually we just hired a bike mechanic who’s already worked there twice, this is his 3rd stint. Mechanics ages are .... 18, 24, 25, 29, 49, and me 61.
The workshop turned over $45k last month, not too bad huh, we are a pretty good team with 2 apprentices and 4 tradesmen.
It’s a pretty cool place to eek out my final years of working in the trade.

45 k is it Greg? I need another raise lol . Soly
45 k is what I make the company in my service dept in a month . Thursday was a 4,000 day . We have three more techs ,but theyaverage 20 to 30k each

Looks like a great party!
It appears the security/alarm business is more profitable than the motorcycle repair/service game . . . But bikes is a lot more fun to work with I’m betting lol.
The main point is we are keeping afloat at the bike shop, remember we are a small scale market here in NZ compared to Houston TX, we only have one million people here in the South Island NZ.

We have the best Christmas downunder . . . NO SNOW!!!!!
Long Warm sunny days sun is up at 5.15am and sets at 9.45pm at the moment, longest day today for us!
I kind of like snow...I may have to look at getting into snowmobiling again. The only thing about snowmobiling is it's just so darned expensive.

I kind of like snow...I may have to look at getting into snowmobiling again. The only thing about snowmobiling is it's just so darned expensive.
Well, you kind of have to like snow living where you do..... the maintenance costs on those snowmobiles must be thru the roof, and what does it cost to buy a decent one, $10k?
More? Are they all 2 strokes or have they been outlawed by the PC enforcers?

Well, you kind of have to like snow living where you do..... the maintenance costs on those snowmobiles must be thru the roof, and what does it cost to buy a decent one, $10k?
More? Are they all 2 strokes or have they been outlawed by the PC enforcers?

4 strokes are becoming more and more popular, they are turbo and supercharged so have decent power.
To get a decent new one is around $10-15k so not cheap. Maintenance isn't too awful if you buy new but if you get a used one which has been flogged a bit, they can get crazy expense to own. You have license, insurance and trail pass fees to start.

The worst part is the season isn't predictable, I have a friend who has 2 (his and hers) and last year put around 1000kms on it because the weather had the trails closed.

The only way I'd own one is if I had some land of my own to ride it on

I also work within the motorcycle industry and we got a night out at a driving range and a half decent Xmas bonus.

Back