motorcycle safety

red1100cc

Registered
i see a lot of threads on here about uneducated/unskilled riders making bad choices and paying for it. the latest one
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/157091-squids-go-down-albuquerque.html

it got me thinking "What have i done?"
:idea:
well, i have a plan in the works. i have contacted and am working with Brittany Morrow "the road rash queen".
my plan is to work with my ABATE chapter to bring her in to give her presentation to the kids in the high schools here in Casper.
i want to hit them in the spring, before they are set loose with car and bike keys in hand for the summer.

it's not going to cost much money, and i think the payoff is worth it.
if it saves just 1 person from skin grafts, it's worth it!

for those that don't know Brittany's story. here's a little about her.

Rock The Gear

How to Avoid Skinning Yourself Alive - Brittany Morrow on Vimeo

at the moment this is the best idea i could come up with to educate the "Squids".

just doin my best to fight the good fight. :thumbs:

The video is touching!

I learned early on just how important "GOOD" gear really is. I have crashed many many times with broken bones only once but never ever had any road rash. Leather gets super hot when you are sliding on asphalt and your skin will turn red from the heat but leaves no scars. Knuckles, elbows, knees and ankles will quickly grind right to the bone without protection.

That poor girl in the video makes my heart sad.

I don't ride to the mail box without gear because I have never once had a choice as to when or where I'd have a getoff! They always came when I least expected it!

great choice on getting Brittany as a speaker!! she and i have been friends on Facebook for a while and i know she does a lot of good work trying to educate people :bowdown:

I think thats a great idea. I've joined a local forum with a lot of younger riders on it and preach the gear thing. I learned the hard way when I was young and bullet proff. it took me getting into racing back in the late 80s before I learned how important propper gear is. I also try to preach about riding within your skill level and that it's not a race. some listen some already know it all.

The video is touching!

That poor girl in the video makes my heart sad.

::11:down: gets your attention doesn't it!?!

great idea, that should wake up some people to proper gear

:please: Boy, i hope so!

great choice on getting Brittany as a speaker!! she and i have been friends on Facebook for a while and i know she does a lot of good work trying to educate people :bowdown:

:thumbs: good to know. were still working out the details. :thumbsup:

im just tired of seeing kids make bad choices. :mad2:

Sounds like a great idea to me.
Brave lady, I don't know if I would be able to get on a bike again after what she's been through.

I wish you luck--I hope you can "reach" those riders and help them understand the importance of gear. I teach the motorcycle safety course, and while we stress the importance of proper riding gear, I'm still amazed at the guys who ride to the class in their wife beaters. What's up with that?

I don't go to the mailbox without my gear. I used to ride in the hot summers without my Jacket on. I went down and lost some skin on my back......never again

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Back