Motorcycle Magazine Help

JPunisher

Registered
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this so I apologize in advance if it is not. I am looking for recommendations for motorcycle magazines to subscribe to. I have a 06 busa and I am looking for a magazine that has the following features:

Review and comparison of Gear (gloves, helmets, boots, security, etc.)
Review and comparison of parts and accessories
Tech guides and tips for maintenance, do it yourself fixes and riding tips
Custom bike galleries are also a plus

I frequently visit these forums and web bike world but magazines also provide great wealth of knowledge and ideas.

Thanks,

JPunisher

Another vote for Sport Rider.
No "custom bike galleries", but has everything else you listed.

Go down to the Wal Mart and look through the magazine shelf. Most of the popular bike magazines can be found there. Look through them and decide wht fills your wants.:thumbsup:

I get Motorcyclist and Cycle World and honestly, I find articles in both that are literally the same. Both are good mags and have gear reviews in the back but not really any custom bike galleries. Honestly, this site has a LOT of what you're looking for and most of it is very unbiased because no one is getting their gear for free or getting kickbacks from advertising credit. I've always found my fellow riders to be the best source for gear recommendations. Check out the riding gear thread. For bike galleries we also have that covered, some real crazy stuff can also be found over at the other busa board.

Maintenance, DIY and tech - there are several guys here who are REALLY sharp and can not only help you out but have detailed pics and instructions which very few mags can offer. All ya gotta do is ask, it's a very friendly crowd here. :thumbsup:

Look at the mags in a store, then dig around the interstate, and then ask forums...you'll get a better feel for what people use that way. Also you might get a better feel for sizing from USA to EU and brand to brand. It seems mags are fair...not pushing one brand...but reviews might not come at a time when you want to purchase a specific item.

I get Cycle World, Motorcyclist, and Sport Rider. Sport Rider is my favorite of the three.

Save your $ and stay here.
Magazines are monthly..
This online mag updates every second.
Cant beat that.

If you need something you cant find ask a question soon someone will post a link or give an answer.
What can be better than reading what you want to read rather than a bunch of fluff you dont

BIKE from Britian is much better than anything in the USA. "Motorcyclist" is 99 percent pro-Ducati and its editor Brian Catterson is a racist when it comes to Japanese people and what they make. He is a fat wimp with a desmo valve up his (most willing) butt...

Thanks for all of the replies. I decided to go with Sport Rider and it also includes a free one year subscription to Motorcyclist for $16. So it is 2 for the price of one.

Thanks,

JPunisher

BIKE from Britian is much better than anything in the USA. "Motorcyclist" is 99 percent pro-Ducati and its editor Brian Catterson is a racist when it comes to Japanese people and what they make. He is a fat wimp with a desmo valve up his (most willing) butt...

Taging anyone as a "Racist" is a serious accuzation! In my view, calling someone a racist due solely to their views on a brand of motorcycle degrades one's credibility!

I'd suggest using a different term to describe people you don't agree with?

I gave up on Motorcyclist. Still enjoy Cycle World. Pretty mixed on Sport Rider, which I also get.

If you want reviews, it's pretty hard to beat searching the web. webBikeWorld has a lot of reviews for gear and accessories.

Save your $ and stay here.
Magazines are monthly..
This online mag updates every second.
Cant beat that.

If you need something you cant find ask a question soon someone will post a link or give an answer.
What can be better than reading what you want to read rather than a bunch of fluff you dont

ditto...besides...while both "Motorcyclist" & "Sport Rider" are great rags for pass'in time during a bowel movement?...things tend to get a bit biased when it comes to reviewing free shid and the truth is sold to the highest paying advertiser/customer...after years of dealing with reality you begin to notice the stories are a tad "embelished"...but the one rag i did save and put away in a drawer was the one that claimed....

"sell the family farm or do whatever ya gotta do but the one thing you don't wanna do is live life without experiencing the sorta thrill that only the mighty busa can provide"

i love that one! :thumbsup::beerchug:

so much that shortly (like one bowel movement :rofl: ) after i bought the magazine i bought my beloved busa...and after i did?..i didn't much care what the rags had to say anymore...embrace euphoria. :thumbsup:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Wow, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Motorcycle Consumer News. No advertising, best and most honest journalism in the industry.
Raydog

Wow, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Motorcycle Consumer News. No advertising, best and most honest journalism in the industry.
Raydog
Mostly because it's a trade journal that most folks have never seen.

I subscribe to MCN, Motorcyclist, Cycle World and Sport Rider. MCN has the most honest evals and the new products listed is great.

I also receive the MOA mag and On the Level BMW RA Mag. All BMW stuff.

Probably week in and out Cycle World gets my nod but the magazine that's Joe Friday .."Just the Facts Ma'am" is MCN. Wardie

MotorCyclist, CycleWorld and Streetfighters are all delivered to my house.
Used to read SuperStreetbike, but they lost me a year or so back when they described nitrous as a "highly explosive gas" in a performance upgrade article. At least hire somebody that knows what they are talking about to write for ya.....

Back