Motorcycle lift!! Whos got them?

teezy

Registered
What is a good one and whats one to stay away from!! I hate working on the ground!! I want to buy one in the near future.:thumbsup:

Yep - Harbor Freight!

HF Lift.JPG

More pics here: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/61740-my-bike-raised.html

HF Lift.JPG

I went with the Handy Lift. A bit pricey compared to most. If you are patient they show up used for sale at shops liquidating, etc. You'll find more handy lifts in use by professionals than anything else out there.

194247d1278899692-marvic-wheels-4306.jpg

The Harbor Freight one is good and stable for around $400. Doesn't take to long to lift all the way up. I have the Air/over hydraulic one.

A good friend of mine has a Direct. It is nice.

My sissor jack rode in with his lift on the same order.

I need to get me one of those. It would make lifting the rear while on the stand a lot easier.

How stable is it?

does the foot pump move pretty quick? anything you dont like?

Very stable - I've never felt like the lift was going to topple - even when fully extended.

It takes around 67 pumps to fully extend. But, I'm not doing it every day, so it doesn't bother me. Saves $100+ for the one that has the pneumatic pump..

Yeah, I don't like the little 'vise' they have with the low-end model. But you know what? I took it off - it's not even mounted on my lift now. If you look at the pic above - I use my rear stand...works great! I've never used a tie-down with mine...just put it on the stand and go to work. I can put the bike on both the front and rear stands...AND raise the lift. PERFECT!

Best part is that HF will run sales on the lift...and you can then find a 20% off coupon...that brings the price down even more! BONUS! :thumbsup:

I went with the Handy Lift. A bit pricey compared to most. If you are patient they show up used for sale at shops liquidating, etc. You'll find more handy lifts in use by professionals than anything else out there.

194247d1278899692-marvic-wheels-4306.jpg

I agree. A little more expensive but there is a reason most shops use the Handy. I have had one for many years now and couldn't function without it. :beerchug:

I was on ebay looking at lifts and BAM there was a coupon someone was selling that dropped the price of the harbor freight lift from $499.99 to $299.99 for $5.00. And yes there are more on ebay. Well at check the girl asked if I want the extended warranty. 1 year $49.99/2 year $79.99 but then she entered the coupon that dropped the lift price and it dropped the extended warranty price 1 year $29.99/2 year $49.99. So I threw the 2 year on there as well!! The crate is almost 8ft long so you may need a trailer..
image-176.jpg

I also read somewhere that the clamp deal on the front aint that great and I saw some pics where people removed it and replaced it with the harbor frieght wheel chock. So I purchased one of those as well. I have one on my motorcycle trailer and it works great. I can just push the bike right on it and it holds it up. Figured that would be better if Im by myself. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!

I was on ebay looking at lifts and BAM there was a coupon someone was selling that dropped the price of the harbor freight lift from $499.99 to $299.99 for $5.00. And yes there are more on ebay. Well at check the girl asked if I want the extended warranty. 1 year $49.99/2 year $79.99 but then she entered the coupon that dropped the lift price and it dropped the extended warranty price 1 year $29.99/2 year $49.99. So I threw the 2 year on there as well!! The crate is almost 8ft long so you may need a trailer..
image-176.jpg

I also read somewhere that the clamp deal on the front aint that great and I saw some pics where people removed it and replaced it with the harbor frieght wheel chock. So I purchased one of those as well. I have one on my motorcycle trailer and it works great. I can just push the bike right on it and it holds it up. Figured that would be better if Im by myself. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!

I have the coupon for$ 299. Got it out of one of the moto-magazines I subscribe too...plus have a coupon for the Chock...I believe$ 39.99 for the heavy black one...definately my next purchase for garage by winter time. I prob have an extra coupon if anyone needs one. Let us know how assembly went.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I went with a Direct Lift several years ago with the scissors jack. It saves my back and knees! I'd do it again except I'd spend a few more bucks and get the drop out bottom in the rear for easier tire changes.

Pat

I need to pick one up. of course i also just graduated to buying a rolling stool which helped out the knees immensly:thumbsup: I'll have to check out the coupons i was looking last time i was over at harbor freight and was kinda bummed when i saw the price

Back