Motorcycle insurance

win43win

Registered
I noticed from some of the post that it seems that some of you must pay high insurance rates for a motorcycle. This is strange to me because I pay $145 every 6 months for full coverage on my $27,000 Big Dog and I called for a quote (State Farm Insurance) on my 2002 Busa that is on the way and it will be $132 every 6 months. Talking to the insurance rep it seems all they go by is the engine size 1300cc on the busa and 1900cc on the Big Dog. And this is even after I have had a $24,000 Titan stolen at Daytona Beach Bike Week which State Farm had to pay for. It amazes me that my Busa will be 1/3 the prise of my Big Dog and cost just about the same on insurance.

Sounds like your getting some pretty good rates! Im paying $500 even on my 2002, full coverage, per year, clean driving record and 36 years old in june. In the northern states here you can also get what they call season coverage, which will cover your bike (full coverage) for 7 months, and the remainder of months is storage coverage, this would include theft, acts of god , etc. but your not allowed to drive during this period. This option would have cut my rate to about $300 per year....... but I don't like being limited to ride April to October....expecially if you travel to warmer states during the so called "off months".
ernaehrung019.gif

I am 22 years old and I have a 02 busa and a 00 katana 600, the first couple of places that I called to get quotes from (before I bought the busa) quoted me 8000$ and 6000$. So I almost did not buy it, but then I finally found a place that would insure me for 107 a month for full coverage for the busa and liability for the can-o-tuna.

I am 22 years old and I have a 02 busa and a 00 katana 600, the first couple of places that I called to get quotes from (before I bought the busa) quoted me 8000$ and 6000$.  So I almost did not buy it, but then I finally found a place that would insure me for 107 a month for full coverage for the busa and liability for the can-o-tuna.
So who are you using or is it a secret because that is one heck of a savings.

That is very good for a 22 year old 107 per month 1200 per year. Or is that an average per month for riding months only which would be 1200 for 6 months, which is high?

I'm 27 and pay 74 a month for full coverage with a 250 dollar deductible. USAA for the bike and the cars.

I'm 27 and pay 74 a month for full coverage with a 250 dollar deductible.  USAA for the bike and the cars.
Damn Higg, that's a good rate. I pay $1084 per year on my Busa with a clear driving record, and I am 36 years old. Go figure! I have my insurance with Progressive. I pay only $1200 per year on my '01 Chevy Suburban and $800 per year on my '98 Gran Prix GTP.

Brian

I noticed from some of the post that it seems that some of you must pay high insurance rates for a motorcycle. This is strange to me because I pay $145 every 6 months for full coverage on my $27,000 Big Dog and I called for a quote (State Farm Insurance) on my 2002 Busa that is on the way and it will be $132 every 6 months. Talking to the insurance rep it seems all they go by is the engine size 1300cc on the busa and 1900cc on the Big Dog. And this is even after I have had a $24,000 Titan stolen at Daytona Beach Bike Week which State Farm had to pay for. It amazes me that my Busa will be 1/3 the prise of my Big Dog and cost just about the same on insurance.
I have a friend that just got a yellow Big Dog chopper. Sweet bike, I have thought about selling my VTX and getting one. I love the 250 back tire along with the rake on the front wheel. Which one do you have? How do you like yours , any problems?

Dsc00241.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 25/clean record and state farm just quoted me $47/mos for full coverage w/$250 deductibles on comp and collision. This was quoted for an '03. You could imagine the shock when she spitted out that qoute for me.

Im 21 live in Florida (sarasota)and I had my triumph TT600 insured for 50$ a month with full coverage. (with progressive) The lowest quote I have gotten is like 3.5k yr though for a 00 hayabusa.
I have a clean record, never had a ins claim, been driving every day for 4 years, and took the MSF course and everything. Ive tried state farm, progressive, geico, nationwide, motorcycleservices.com, and quite a few others but still no luck.

I have a friend that just got a yellow Big Dog chopper.  Sweet bike, I have thought about selling my VTX and getting one.  I love the 250 back tire along with the rake on the front wheel.  Which one do you have?  How do you like yours , any problems?
Nice bikes. Well insurance is all in the location Bro. New England is some of the highest in the country. I wish I could get different rates.

I have a friend that just got a yellow Big Dog chopper.  Sweet bike, I have thought about selling my VTX and getting one.  I love the 250 back tire along with the rake on the front wheel.  Which one do you have?  How do you like yours , any problems?
Nice bikes.  Well insurance is all in the location Bro.  New England is some of the highest in the country.  I wish I could get different rates.
You said IT NE!!!!!!!!!! For the most part, check where you live! I am a 33 year clean-record home-owner and I can not get below $900/year on the Busa. This sucks! I would love to keep both my bikes, but the $150+ per month sucks big time. I am jealous of you guys living in low-insurance areas. I hear Vegas is like 3-4th highest in the country... go figure....

I'm 27 and pay 74 a month for full coverage with a 250 dollar deductible. USAA for the bike and the cars.
Damn Higg, that's a good rate. I pay $1084 per year on my Busa with a clear driving record, and I am 36 years old. Go figure! I have my insurance with Progressive. I pay only $1200 per year on my '01 Chevy Suburban and $800 per year on my '98 Gran Prix GTP.

Brian
Wow! A Busa AND GTP Owner? I have a 2001 GTP. Are you on the Club GP board?

I am 22 years old and I have a 02 busa and a 00 katana 600, the first couple of places that I called to get quotes from (before I bought the busa) quoted me 8000$ and 6000$. So I almost did not buy it, but then I finally found a place that would insure me for 107 a month for full coverage for the busa and liability for the can-o-tuna.
So who are you using or is it a secret because that is one heck of a savings.
Could you PLEASE!!!!! tell me where you are insured?? Do you have their number handy?

Back