Motorcycle Insurance Experience

Aen

Registered
I just had a great day all because I saved a bunch of money on my bike insurance! When I first got my busa, I just used the same local company my folks use for their cars. It was all good until I saw the astronomical amount of cash I had to pay. I know Louisiana is terrible on insurance, but this was ridiculous. So, today, I searched around. Long story short, one switch and I saved about $3,500 a year. So far, this is probably the most fun I've had on my bike :E!!

I saved about $3,500 a year.
you save $3500
SHOCKED.gif
, damn how much were you paying. What are you like 19 with speeding tickets? Holly cow I don thing I would ride if my insurance was that much. Man, I am happy for you

State Farm here and I pay around $330.00 per year.
beerchug.gif
Congrats on finding a decent price on insurance

I would like to go with State Farm but they require a qualifying policy like having my cars insured through them and they can't match my policy I have with Geico.
+1 Bike is $800 a year with Geico. State Farm could beat mine and my wife's rates but the difference was more than made up for on our son. He is 18 and has 1 wreck and 1 speeding ticket.

State Farm here and I pay around $330.00 per year.
beerchug.gif
Congrats on finding a decent price on insurance

I would like to go with State Farm but they require a qualifying policy like having my cars insured through them and they can't match my policy I have with Geico.
add the car(s) and the bike for one year them drop the car. did it in 2000 and maintained the policy even when i didn't have a bike. Had to fight them a little but but they could not drop the policy or the bike on it. $300 a year for a Busa is not easy to come by.

progressive was charging me 1900 per year.  I switched to state farm and now pay 274 per year. hey progressive
wtf.gif

my_bike_4_001__Small_.jpg

What you should be listing is your coverage, deductibles and add on's... Insurance isn't insurance if you're trading $1000 - $2000 deductibles and no coverage for low cost.

One Big thing that People Don't Understand is the Years of Motorcycling you have according to the DMV. I have 22 years of Riding Experiance only because I got my license when I was 16. Even though I stopped Riding for a while (15Years) it Does'nt Matter to Most Insurance Companies, but Makes a BIG Differance in your Rate !!!!

Years of riding experience is very important. Good point.

I have a $500.00 deductable across the board with State Farm. I have my homeowners with them at under $300 per year and where they get me is on my car. I pay close to $1000.00 per year on it. I drive an 07 Infiniti G35S. I checked Progressive and Geico and they both had total packages based on multi vehichles and the home that ran over $2500.00. My total with State Farm is around $1600.00 and the comparisons were for the same coverages.

I just Switched to Viking Insurance. 15/30/10 with a $500 Comprehension and Collision WITH an AT-FAULT Accident. $593.00 For the Year !!!!!!
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

A Buddy of Mine Works for a Local Insurance Agency. PM: Me if you Need a Hook Up
super.gif

bowdown.gif

All of our military members should check with USAA @ USAA.com. They offer great rates, but they are military only. My busa is 540.42 for a year with 2 accidents. Coverage is Bodily Injury 100,000/300,000, Property Damage 50,000, Uninsured Motorists Bodily Injury 100,000/300,000, with a zero deductible.

All of our military members should check with USAA @ USAA.com. They offer great rates, but they are military only.
They are for EX-military too.
Not only Active military, alot of people don't know that.
I didn't until 2 weeks ago.
rock.gif

The rules for USAA membership have changed DRAMATICALLY since my departure
from Active Duty in 1997. Before I couldn't even get IN, you had to be an
officer, and NOW you can get in as Enlisted, or prior enlisted up to the
age of 35.

I just joined them last week matter of fact.
smile.gif

My rates were cheaper for my vehicles, but not my home.
Bikes, I don't know yet.

I'm 34 now so I JUST made the cutoff
https://www.usaa.com/inet....ibility

We've had Progressive for years now, on the cars and the bikes...
coolold.gif

I pay $450/year, full coverage on the Busa and that covers both Mike and I, $250 deductible...I have no complaints about Progressive, but I have heard the horror stories...

338.00 for the busa, 263 for the Gixxer6, endorsed for 11 years, wife 2 years. full coverage, 500 deductable 100/300 thresholds.

Back