Motorcycle Data Collection

Jaddie

Registered
Dear Friends

Is there a device one can install on a 'Busa that collects data about a riding session? For instance, I think it'd be neat to be able to record data such as maximum engine speed, maximum vehicle speed, average miles per hour, average miles per gallon, riding session length in time and miles, if there were any instances of wheelspin, time and miles spent in each gear, etc.

--Jaddie

I've heard of a "Data loger" But I don't think that's what you're talking about ? I think that is for mapping ?

There is such a tool. Jason Pridmore has a bike set up with data log. He goes out for a few laps and logs the data. Then you ride the same bike a few laps and then you get to overlay your data log over his. The results are always the same, makes one realize they are definately a trainee
beerchug.gif

You can go to Pridmores's site and find the unit. I looked into it but it was too expensive for me so I bagged the idea.

Hey Jaddie, I know the duc has a plug in data analyzer that plugs into a usb port under my seat and is now a standard issue peice. I have not even used mine yet but I did install the program on my laptop and it looks pretty user friendly. Here is a report on the bike that talks about it. I don't know if there is one available for other bikes but with modern feul injection this technology is relatively simple to adapt.
Ducati Data Analyzer info and Bike review

Dear Steven & Sebastian

Yes, that's what I'm talking about.

I don't know why it has to be so expensive. Automakers offer this sort of technology as standard issue. The only thing I want that's different from what the automakers offer is a way to record that data to a computer.

Back