Motorcycle Clubs

been a part of a few clubs, had the same problems everyone else mentioned so i started my own club. actually got colors and dues and all that but just mainly a bunch of bike riders that hung out together anyway. no officers, no bs, just group racing (on the dragstrip), trackdays and events.

(GSXTacy @ Feb. 15 2007,18:39) You mean this one?
thats it!
sm81.gif

Hey, Bass...we only have 3 guys now...its not a club or anything...we start out like a bunch of ppl, but we have cut down all the dangerous riders and who refuses to wear a proper gears(leather pants and jacket, hot or cold...) hot shots...or you may call em squid...and someone do not want to stay in the formation...etc.
It is very hard to find some gentle mannored and good hearted rider these days...and usually older riders are more polite. so our groups are 35~45...we've been together for 1 full year now...and no accident so far, and like to keep em that way...
super.gif

No clubs, not a good expereince around here.....we call them "squid squads"....hundred mph down main street on one wheel, splitting lanes and passing cars on the right shoulder....running from the law....x's on the tank for the fallen members. 3" chickn strips and bald center on the rear tire is a dead give-away, turned around ball cap and wife beater on.... no need for gear.
all_coholic.gif

(moondog @ Feb. 16 2007,07:20) No clubs, not a good expereince around here.....we call them "squid squads"....hundred mph down main street on one wheel, splitting lanes and passing cars on the right shoulder....running from the law....x's on the tank for the fallen members. 3" chickn strips and bald center on the rear tire is a dead give-away, turned around ball cap and wife beater on.... no need for gear.
all_coholic.gif
Moondog,
What you are describing is a group of "fools" that happen to ride bikes. They are not a MCs/ RCs. Real MC/RC will not put the general public at risk. We ride hard in places but never in populated areas. The last thing a "real" MC/RC wants is to draw negative attention to themselves. When the wrong attention is drawn, Joe Public assume that idiots that happens to ride in groups and due dumb stuff are real clubs. ...

I ride with the St. Louis Area Riders on occation.  But they seem to suffer from the problems others have pointed out above.  Everyone trying to out cool the rest.

I'm starting my own with a buddy.   The rides are geared towrd beginning and intermediate riders.  Not racing/stunting from one point to the next.  Maybe I'm getting old, but 20-30 bikes at more than double the posted limit just doesn't appeal to me anymore.  

www.ShowMeRiders.org

Can't wait for spring so we can get out there.  Hopefully we'll help get some safer riders on the road.

I started my club because of everything you guys have pointed out. I was asked to join plenty of clubs in my area. They all had positives but the negatives weighed more... I also felt my area needed more groups that display the positive to the public. We also wanted to display to the younger riders that you can have fun, ride hard and be safe.

I am not about "posting up" I can care less about a party. I want to ride, talk about the ride, and ride some more....

I just got out of a club. I thought it would be fun to ride with a bunch of regular riders, but the only problem is I'm the only sport bike. Thats why I got out. And the only other sport bike riders in this area are a buch of kids. Usually 21 or younger. It's hard to find mature sport bike riders in this area.
cool.gif

bc, agreed! Seems there's always a few bad apples that spoil the deal for the rest. I was invited to a club ride awhile back and actually showed up only to find 25% of the group sported no gear whatsoever. Had the machines....gsxr 1000's and such, just decided gear wasn't cool, I guess. I politely declined to go, flat out telling them I don't ride with folks who don't ride protected, personal policy. I guess I made them mad, no more invites. It's been my experience that finding peps of like minds is tough to do. That being said, the busa folk seem to be a different breed. The few "meet & greets" I have been to were great, loads of fun. This board rocks!

(H00pscoach @ Feb. 16 2007,10:55)
(GSXTacy @ Feb. 15 2007,18:41) Ill try again.
Great Pic.

Where is it?
That was from last season's Busa Bash... great times!
cool.gif

That is the only 'club' I ride with anymore~ I tried a local club a few years back... was even the Sargent at Arms... but (as previously stated) it was like being back in grade school with higher dues and "squid squad" would be the perfect discription! Just not for me....
wink.gif

(moondog @ Feb. 16 2007,10:58) bc, agreed! Seems there's always a few bad apples that spoil the deal for the rest. I was invited to a club ride awhile back and actually showed up only to find 25% of the group sported no gear whatsoever. Had the machines....gsxr 1000's and such, just decided gear wasn't cool, I guess. I politely declined to go, flat out telling them I don't ride with folks who don't ride protected, personal policy. I guess I made them mad, no more invites. It's been my experience that finding peps of like minds is tough to do. That being said, the busa folk seem to be a different breed. The few "meet & greets" I have been to were great, loads of fun. This board rocks!
Yep this board is full of like minds. That make riding fun. I try to participate in all of the East Coast Busa Rider events. I actually invite other so they can see how riding is suppose to be done. You are right, this board is cool!!!!!

Back