Motorcycle clubs

nope.. I checked one out..

The first night they invited me to a dinner, so I went there.. everyone was really friendly. nice people and all.. but.... just wasnt for me...

There were talking and joking about jail time, and not that I am above anyone but. they just were not the type of people I would or can hang around..

I work for the governent, hold security clearances, have back ground investigations run on me every few years. I dont need to hang around a bunch of hoodlums

And then there is the whole "prospecting" thing that most clubs have. I am 43 years old... I aint running around getting anything for anyone or doing stupid stuff so I can just "belong to a club"

Too set in my ways to be under someones thumb..

My own wife and family let me do as I wish. dont put any restraints on me.

With clubs. You are required for the most part to attend so many meetings, attend so many events. Just dont have time to live for someone else.

Only club I ever liked is Lo Busa's club.. I hung out with them for a weekend.. and they were some real nice people that didnt seem to have issues.

But they are up north. and in the end you still belong to something that requires sometimes VAST amounts of your time..

So no... for me.... numerous reasons why I dont belong to clubs..

probably also has to do with me being an only child.. I dont often place nice with others
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143813439 -->

I you are talking about the clubs that wear the patches,sell drugs,beat up people for no reason,push drugs,intimidate people,pull extortion.....
IMO,they aren't even 'Bikers'!

They are a menace to society!
so to answer your question,I am not,nor never will be associated with any kind of club as I just described.

Well I do, the Lawton OK Redline Riders. About 98% of us are either in the Army or Prior Service and we ride and hang out for fun. Yeah we have our vests and for events we wear our colors so we all look alike. I guess its just a military "uniformity thing." We are not hooligans or criminals, we do all kind of fundraising events for the community and are very well respected. There are many more out there just like ours, you just gotta look around. Obviously there are some like the ones that have been mentioned and well I guess to each his own, but most people interact with others with similar interests and behaviors, so go find a crew you feel comfortable with and have some fun.

+1 to nyrican, I do also , we do fundraisers , have functions a good bunch of guys. clubs do have a bad rep with some ppl, and there are some that make it bad for others, it just like ppl in that respect, one bad apple ect... but there are some that want to bring unity and good things back, you just find one that's your thang hang out and make your decision.

I you are talking about the clubs that wear the patches,sell drugs,beat up people for no reason,push drugs,intimidate people,pull extortion.....
IMO,they aren't even 'Bikers'!

They are a menace to society!
so to answer your question,I am not,nor never will be associated with any kind of club as I just described.
Sounds like someone had a bad experience
rock.gif

Crashclub.net. No jackets. No meetings. Just a web site with a ride posted now and then and some discussion of motoring. Very good people there, too. Like here.

Very much the perfect "club" for me.

--Wag--

"Clubs" like hayabusa.org are the only ones I "belong to" these days but I used to be a member of and for a while was the president of the Harrisburg (PA) Motorcycle Club. We were an AMA affiliate that held scrambles and trials events as well as poker runs and other street bike events. We were largely a touring club with lots of BMWs, Gold Wings, H-D dressers and such - very few hard-ass types, if you know what I mean.

Today, these Internet clubs are replacing the traditional clubs, in my opinion. I've "joined" several of them and enjoy the get togethers I've been to.

Ed

Not to jack the thread...but Ed you should come on down to Harrisonburg, VA on the 8th...straight down 81..

I'm in the "surrounded by Harleys on a Busa" club
laugh.gif

Only club is h.org for me...every other club is too far away for me to meet the criteria for meetings and rides...

We have a co-ed softball team comprised of sportbike riders - 3-Busas, 2-636, 1-F4i, GSRX's,
and a cruiser. Does that count??

h.org for me too ... however in the distant future I'm thinking about starting a "riding" club ... just a thought right now.

belong to bushkill valley motorcycle club, past president currently on the board of directors. we are a family oriented m.c. club own and operate the freemensburg hillclimb(www.bikehillclimb.com) 2 hillclimb events per year.we also use the property for members to ride dirt bikes and 4 wheelers, camping and also shooting our guns.over a 100 members who ride anything from harleys/sportbikes to goldwings.we do charity runs,blood drives,parades.not a club that you just show up and pay $20 to join you must participate in events and show you will be a asset to the club check out the web site

Back