Motorcycle "clubs"

personally I think there corny as hell but 2 each his own. I think guys like to roll around thinkn their a 1%'er or somthn....:whistle:

I don't ride with people because I hate waiting AND I'm not in any clubs because Basically, I Don't Like People! :puke:

I bought my bike for me, not to be in a club. For the most part I ride alone and I am good with that. I go to an occasional bike night to see bikes and some friends. The Org is as close to a club as I want to be. :beerchug:

Im not in a club because I do not have the club mentality....similary during the hazy stint i did in college I also never pledged to a frat nor did i have the desire to so i chalk the club thing up to 'im not that guy'

now during the other hazy stint of a rap career when people were like hes gonna make it I got invited to join several MC's but i felt that if i did that id be pigeon holed as a performer and alienate clubs that werent related to or friendly with my club...on top of the fact that i still wasnt that guy. as an independent ive watched the set be a good and a bad place. meaningless fights over members and relations and turf and money. ive seen arrogance and an apparent false sense of superiority. the pecking orders are real not perceived as people do hold rank seniority and the clubs usually have officer positions. the cliques do get out of control and thats WITHIN crews lol. i guess its human nature. ive seen a rule book floating around of conduct from probie to president that i know id never abide by. I cant talk to him cuz his crew has beef with a crew that we're friends with or because of what rank he is and I am? wtf? ive hung out with clubs done shows for parties on both coast and in between forever but never joined. ive always been fast, real, held my own and just let them have their thing which Im guessing is why im somewhat respected/recognized. but i also respect their line of crew and fam and stay in my lane.

now on the good side as mentioned ive seen toys for tots runs and fundraiser after fundraiser for a plethora of non profits. turkeys EVERY year soup kitchen service ETC. I can say that MCs in the DC area and a couple in cali that I know of definitely give back more than most people would even imagine and its hardly ever reported on the news as much as a crash or hooliganism. ive seen them support each other at events definitely in times of need or when someone goes down. parades and community activism is always good. we rode to raise money for the MLK memorial that was later built here in DC so when that was built that was pretty cool.

whats the draw? there are people that like to belong. people that like the group thing. people that are validated through rank structure and organization comraderie and brotherhood. MCs definitely meet those needs and its not a bad thing, everybody just doesnt ID with the mentality. ive seen people in the street as ridas and then accidentally stumbled on theyre place of work. theyre the MAN in their MC but just a bit different otherwise lol so the MC is their outlet or alter ego sometimes. I dont like to call em dumb becasue a lot of good comes out of them for a lot of people and some people may even need that life or family....better and MC (in most cases) than gagbangin' which offers these same feelings with a more negative impact on the community. to each their own but yeah its not for me.

Yeah...none of us would ever want to be part of a club.

PS: My member name is MelodicMetalGod, Join Date: 4/17/08. Nope, no clubs for me, JUST LIKE THE REST OF YOU! ;)

:rofl:

Sometimes I ride with one or two other riders. That is it. When we are to meet, if you are ten minutes late, you are left. I like to ride. I can`t stand being in a herd.

Most of the time, I am my pack.

Yeah...none of us would ever want to be part of a club.

PS: My member name is MelodicMetalGod, Join Date: 4/17/08. Nope, no clubs for me, JUST LIKE THE REST OF YOU! ;)

:rofl:

I was thinking the same thing. Who wants to be a member of a group of people who share common interests. As someone posted above "they're corny". Lol

i have noticed..."clubs" are too busy always riding to have a regular life and i don't want to feel "compelled" to have to join them or be less than worthy

I belong to a mc "Knox Rockets" here in east TN. Great group of ppl of about 200 riders. You are not forced to go to every ride. We're on meetup.com Someone posts a ride, you rsvp if you want to join, if you don't you don't have to. We have lots of sponsors, bike shows, training for new riders, cook outs, etc. No stuntin while on a group ride. There is no fee's to be in it. In my opinion its nice to know that someone from the MC has your back if you go down or break down to get you situated.

Don't belong to a club, but tried to start one on a web called meetup.com . After the fifth member joined and they were all girls, I got some real funny looks from Wifey. So I aborted.

We do belong to the Harley Chapter, chaired by our county commissioner and a bunch of great folks as members. We ride with them once in a while on day rides, have not done an overstay ride yet. Have to be prepared to obey ALL TRAFFICK rules and stay awake in the process, but the folks are great. Rides are anywhere from 10 to 50 bikes depending on time of year and destination.

I joined 5 meetup.com riding groups. They are not clubs per se. They post up rides and you decide if you want to go or not. I've been on some terrific rides through meetup.com. One ride group in particular, SoCal Sportbike Riders, offers extremely well organized, safety concious rides. The organizer (an event coordinator by trade) even makes arrangements at restaurants to ensure we have plenty of parking and tables to have our lunches during the ride. Number of riders varies from 10 - 50 depending on the ride. I recommend checking out ride groups on meetup.com if you are into group rides.

I'm going to ask this on here instead of Facebook because for some reason (please don't prove me wrong) you guys seem to be fairly mature and can handle a discussion like this.

So here we go....

What do people see in motorcycle clubs? Why are you a member, why are you not a member? Do you think they are cool or dumb? Do they pose more of a help to society or a disservice?

I know several friends that were in clubs that now aren't and I know some more friends just getting into it. I don't see the draw. Can someone enlighten me?

If you have never prospected and been a member of an upstanding Motor Cycle club, or traditional MC you wouldn't understand why someone is a member of a club, It would be like people that don't ride commenting on why people ride.

What one see's in a club depends on a number of things, most importantly what type of club? There are Motor Cycle clubs, Riding clubs, Traditional MC's OMC, 1% etc...
But what people should see in a club should start with bikes, brother hood and riding. How serious you are about "all three" of those things determines what type of club you are going to be involved with.

A lot of people are not built for a club, a lot have a problem humbling themselves or adhering to the protocol, tradition and discipline of the MC, that's not a bad thing at all, it just doesn't fit some personalities. Some have had bad experiences because they did not do their homework and have a full understanding of what they got into and who they got into it with, I've seen and heard about a lot of pop up clubs that bypassed all proper protocol and just made things up as they went along.

I can tell you that a lot of upstanding club members I know are retired military or law enforcement that shared those common interest but also knows the value of brotherhood and the man next to them that "earned" the patch on his back. In fact do a little research on the history of the 100+ years of the MC and you will see that its beginning is tied to ex military, that's why there is a hierarchy and structure.

I have been a member of CMA (Christian Motorcycle Association) since 99 . Been around a lot of biker groups aka1%ers but none of them visited me in prison. CMA came in and did a bike show it was very nice and not pushy. I grew up around bikes my whole life and had never heard of them/ A couple years after I got out I decided that I wanted another bike but had changed my life for the better and didn't want to get into anymore trouble. I love riding with a group that helps you , looks out for you , and doesn't ask anything from you. If you are interested you can look them up and go on a ride CMA I all over the world . I am a Christian Not a bible thumper and will always be in CMA. And yes I am the fastest in my group! :)

I can't stand the thought of paying dues to be told what I can or cannot do, what I can wear and where I can wear it. What events I have to attend, etc.

I can't stand the thought of paying dues to be told what I can or cannot do, what I can wear and where I can wear it. What events I have to attend, etc.

Yeah its not for everyone,

Not to share to much club business but my dues pay for our club house aka "our man" cave lol where the bros come together to have a drink or hang out after riding or just to get out the house, members also can schedule it as a multiple purpose room for other things like baby showers, birthday parties, bachelor parties etc.. at no additional cost, it also pays for the food we buy from the commissary to throw on the grill and watch the games, dues pay for hotel rooms and gas for members when making mandatory runs, or taking care of some of the expense when members from other chapters come to visit.

Dues go to the emergency fund to get fast money to bros that go down, the club also buys groceries delivers them and takes care of other little things to give the family a helping hand, the dues go to things like towing a bike if needed but most of the time there is someone with a trailer that will come pick it up at no cost, and if there is a need out of town a call can be made and a club in the area will lend a trailer or pull it to the next area where another club will take it if we don't have a chapter there, this is done all the way to our final destination where we have time to wrench on it.

As far as having a structure about what to wear and where to wear it, most people in clubs I know are prior Military and have no problem with being told how to wear your uniform. Depending on the type of club you can go anywhere you want, some places don't allow MC's but we don't patronize them anyone so doesn't matter, if your on the OMC or 1% side of the tracks or happen to be one of these groups that dress up as bikers on the weekend with the bootleg SOA colors claiming States, and wearing diamonds, then yeah might want to proceed with caution.

Showing up at an event is simply showing love and respect to another club, if you live in an area where there are a lot of clubs you have to have mandatory events you attend, for instance we have a few clubs in the area that have been around 30 - 40 years, you pay respect to those clubs that have been doing it for decades. One of these days I'm going to ride up to NY just to pay my respects to one of the oldest clubs in America Yonkers MC est 1903.

If we look at the definition of the word "club" it actually includes Org members meeting for a bash.

Here's my new bike club......

heman.jpg

meetup.com sounds fishy to me lol

If you are into fishing, sure you will find something on meetup, amongst other things....

Catch a man a fish and you feed him for one day. Teach him how to fish and he will be drinking beer and fish all day long. :laugh:

Back