Motorcycle carrier Receiver type.

Tio Loco

Donating Member
Registered
This would come in handy anybody use these? If its easy to use I’m buying one.

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/al1or2mohitr.html

Bike_hauler.jpg

I've seen these also and if they work I would be steping up to grab one. I wonder what how they would handle the weight and wheel base of the Busa?

I have one and I have used it to haul my Busa from Iowa to The dragon in North Carolina. Its been there and back twice with no problem. Mine is made by Moto Tote. If I get a trailer bought here in the next few months I will have one for sale. But you wont believe all the BS you are going to hear about using one. Here is my only answer to all of it. If you haul your bike on an open trailer and you dont have it tied down right and it falls either way its slidin down the pavement. I dont think a class three hitch is rated high enough for it. I use mine on a GMC Denali XL it has level ride in the rear. Air shocks in other words

hook I hope you don't mind me postin these.... This is his hauler.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135043054 -->

post_6_20010_4_20_001.jpg

I thought about it but it scares the crap outa me, all that weight on one central pivot point... Although on the way home fom the dealership with less than three miles on the clock I had a strap snap and the Busa went down in the trailer and it got mildy F'd-up. The front brakes were destroyed by the chock while 99.8% of the body damage came off with some light compound. I had four straps, 2 on the Canyon Dancer (the left one broke, it was new, used only once and showed no signs of stress) and one on each wheel pulling forwards and backwards, that is what kept the bike on the trailer...

Showed it to my uncle who ownes a Metal Fabrication shop he says he will build me a better one for less. I own a 05 Nissan Titan with tow package and my max tounge weight is 1000 lbs. so weight won't be a problem.

(goodluck) posted a link that gave me an idea, It would be nice to load on flat ground and use an actuator to lift the bike up and down. They sell one on that link but $1k is more than I want to spend. I think for under $500 it can be built with the actuator. Really don't want a trailer they are restricted to 55mph here on the highway 70mph is slow enough.

Well going to snatch the dimensions off one of these sites and get to building.

Showed it to my uncle who ownes a Metal Fabrication shop he says he will build me a better one for less.  I own a 05 Nissan Titan with tow package and my max tounge weight is 1000 lbs. so weight won't be a problem.

(goodluck) posted a link that gave me an idea, It would be nice to load on flat ground and use an actuator to lift the bike up and down.  They sell one on that link but $1k is more than I want to spend.  I think for under $500 it can be built with the actuator.  Really don't want a trailer they are restricted to 55mph here on the highway 70mph is slow enough.

Well going to snatch the dimensions off one of these sites and get to building.
if you build one of these let me know i would be interested also i have a titan also so i was the same way not worried about the weight i was just curious as to how easy they was to use.

Back