Motorcycle addiction I got a problem

busafan08

Registered
Sorry for the rant quite at work at the moment :rolleyes: some of you might know I put a deposit on a yamaha T7 about 6 months ago and they are due to be released here in December I really want one :D so when I was overseas I made up my mind to sell one of my bikes I sold my KLR before I left so when I got back I started servicing and cleaning up my beloved goldwing getting ready for selling it after cleaning her up it looked so good I had second thoughts plus my daughters did not want me to sell it OK no worries I easily agreed so I decided to sell my beloved busa so after cleaning her up and same story it looks so good and goes so good I don t think I want to sell the busa either But still not sure if I want to own 3 bikes again plus money is a little tight at the moment :mad:

Decisions decisions so the question is if you had a couple of bikes that you love and really wanted another bike that you really wanted would you borrow the money to get one or would you sell one to finance the new bike :thumbsup:

Lol, that’s why it’s called personal finance. I personally don’t like or want to finance a “toy” at this stage of my life at least. I understand you on the addiction thing though, but I keep my household budget and responsibilities separate from my toy/hobby budget and sadly as such it doesn’t leave me much room to get too crazy or I’d have a garage with a dedicated bike for each purpose lol

Sorry for the rant quite at work at the moment :rolleyes: some of you might know I put a deposit on a yamaha T7 about 6 months ago and they are due to be released here in December I really want one :D so when I was overseas I made up my mind to sell one of my bikes I sold my KLR before I left so when I got back I started servicing and cleaning up my beloved goldwing getting ready for selling it after cleaning her up it looked so good I had second thoughts plus my daughters did not want me to sell it OK no worries I easily agreed so I decided to sell my beloved busa so after cleaning her up and same story it looks so good and goes so good I don t think I want to sell the busa either But still not sure if I want to own 3 bikes again plus money is a little tight at the moment :mad:

Decisions decisions so the question is if you had a couple of bikes that you love and really wanted another bike that you really wanted would you borrow the money to get one or would you sell one to finance the new bike :thumbsup:

To each their own but I try to keep a limit on the bikes I have, the maintenance and lack of riding one or the other makes it tough to have too many...

I have had 5 bikes at one time here and there and it was a nightmare to keep them all happy...I slowly wheedled them all down and now for the first time in many years, I am down to one bike...

You have a big decision before you that only you can solve...

I‘ll finance my home or a car but wouldn’t finance a bike. Not having another large monthly payment is a real benefit to your overall financial security. At one time I had six bikes all paid for and that was too many. The last one to go was my first year 1979 CBX which I never thought I would sell. But, I couldn’t turn down what was offered. Still, now having just the Busa I began missing the standard seating
position of the Honda especially on the surrounding mountain roads so I went looking and found the Z. However, I’m single and my kids are grown. Everything I have is paid for except for my home. The money from the Honda paid for my new bike. All I had to do was insure it.

Wow . . . gave me a headache reading that! lol.
Ever heard of punctuation??
Just kiddin',
my advice . . don't borrow more, just sell one to pay for the new one.
I've been sooooooo tempted to borrow more money on my mortgage to get a Gen 2, but I'm happy to wait awhile now, my Gen 1 does everything I want it to do, so may just upgrade suspension and brakes on it . . . we'll see.

I have bought bikes cash , and financing.
The Motorcycle life is not a toy to me ,but a way of life . Without a motorcycle life wouldn't be as fun to me.
I've owned many bikes at once too . It's nice just having one to take care of.
My wife's bike doesn't take much work for me as miles are lower than my miles

Point is asking yourself what do You want.
Do you tour on the wing ? If not sell it .
Do you enjoy the birds speed ? If not sell it .

When I borrow to purchase full coverage insurance is carried so if it did get stolen or crashed the financial impact is low.

The Motorcycle life is not a toy to me ,but a way of life . Without a motorcycle life wouldn't be as fun to me.

When I borrow to purchase full coverage insurance is carried so if it did get stolen or crashed the financial impact is low.
I agree with you on motorcycling is a way of life for me as well

i hhave done both in my time. finance and pay cash. I currently own my busa no payments and its very nice not having the extra payment. That being said if i wanted something bad enough i would buy it on credit. I am done selling toys to get other toys i want. I am old enough now i want to keep all my toys and i intend on doing just that.

Agree C10 certainty a way of life for me to mate I am pretty blessed in that a get a few days off work regularly so my bikes get ridden

Yes still tour on the wing Yes love the bird power and speed Just need a medium size ADV bike now :D :thumbsup:

• Love
Reactions: c10
So your financing then ,and adding some dirt fun !
I make a decision when it s crunch time worst case scenario I lose my $500 deposit but then again life is short I might just finance it but have to talk first to the finance minister being my wife :D :thumbsup:

Reactions: c10
I would consider myself a motorcycle guy but I'm sort of addicted to the technical side of it. I don't like having 2 bikes really because one bike always gets shorted. This is both because there isn't time to ride as much as I would like to and because riding buddies usually fit into one or the other bike's type. I almost always go out alone on the Busa. I have a few guys and girls I ride with on the BMW.

As age creeps up and health creeps down, I find myself rolling the BMW out of the garage more and more. Now when I get on the Busa it takes 20-30 minutes to feel comfortable again. But once I get used to the Busa again, it feels like an extension of me. The BMW always feels like just a bike. The thing I hate most about my combination of bikes is how the BMW makes the Busa feel cheap. $30K buys a lot of rider isolation and frankly a pretty dam strong set of brakes and suspension. Don't get me wrong, the Busa out performs the BMW in almost every way - including being a surprisingly capable tourer. So that's the problem with multiple bikes, they start to expose the flaws of each other and you can't help but compare and focus on them in your mind when you switch bikes.

I'm certainly not complaining though. I consider myself lucky to have what I have.

I have been lucky enough to never have taken out finance on any of my bikes . I have always saved up and sold off stuff to pay for my bikes and stuff for them , the latest bike I bought this same way as well as the parts I am accumulating for it . I have not had comprehensive insurance for any bike , since my first GSXR1100 , but have had times when it would of been nice .
But I love bikes so much , I think if finance is the only way to get your machine , then finance and do it , but as others say , + insurance on that deal .

I have been making a payment to my toy fund every month for nearly 30 years. I started at $50, then went up to $100 and now I am at $300. I bought my Busa from the insurance money from the Bandit crash. I basically loaned myself the money for the BMW and paid the credit cards on my mod from this account, so I don't pay interest on toys. So I'm not a rich guy but it seems like it sometimes! My financial planner was right discipline is the key to being comfortable!

PS: The toy fund is mine so I don't have to ask the boss!

So I ended up getting this little beauty a Honda CRF250l with no finance yeah I know its only a 250 and some might say your crazy but I am enjoying it so far brought it new Here are a few pics of it and the rest of the family :D I know you guys love pics here enjoy :thumbsup:

IMG_1988.JPG

IMG_2018.JPG

IMG_2033.JPG

IMG_2034.JPG

IMG_2069.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

IMG_2078.JPG

At least now you have 3 completely different bikes for 3 completely different uses...a very good idea getting the 250 as an enduro so now you can ride to the trails.

Just be careful on that thing, sometimes riding in the dirt can be dangerous.

Back