Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse Sale

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
FYI, I got this email from them today about an upcoming sale on Battery Tenders and covers. They also have a decent deal on some D208s. I'm posting it in general to get more views since I think these are pretty decent prices. Admins/mods feel free to move to the products area.

-Zukracer

----begin email from MAW ----

Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse Inc.

Hi-Per Sports & American Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse!

5555 Glenwood Street Boise, ID 83714

SERVING YOU FOR OVER 30 YEARS!

ONE DAY SALE!

Thursday October 28th, 2004 ONLY!

Applies To NEW Orders Only

You May Not Cancel & Re-Place An Existing Order.

SORRY BUT WE ARE NOT ABLE TO PLACE ORDERS AT THESE PRICES UNTIL THE SALE DATE ABOVE!

PLACE YOUR ORDERS AT: >> www.mawonline.com

TO RECEIVE THESE SPECIAL PRICES YOU MUST TYPE THE FOLLOWING AD CODE UNDER "SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS" ON OUR INTERNET ORDER FORM! >>> USE AD CODE 32290

OR YOU MAY ORDER BY CALLING 800-241-2222 Option 1.

Special #1

Just In Time For Winter

Deltran Standard 12 Volt Battery Tender

MSRP $69.95 Our Price $33.95

Plus Today ONLY Free Shipping!

(MAW# 1991 - UPS Ground  Normal Handling Charges Still Apply)

Special #2

DOWCO Guardian Covers

Medium MAW# 42 Only $42.95

Large MAW# 41 Only $49.95

XLarge MAW# 40 Only $52.95

Plus Today ONLY Free Shipping!

(UPS Ground  Normal Handling Charges Still Apply)

Great Deal

D208 180/55ZR17 & D208 120/70ZR/17

The Pair For Only $194.95

And Only $16.00 Ground Shipping & Handling!

(MAW# 89045 & 89039)

---- end MAW email ----

That's a great price on the Battery Tender and the cover!

yeah, I'm gonna call them for the battery tender on thursday, cuz I'll need one this winter I think .... they are saying its going to be wetter/colder than its has been for a while. I'd actually love to see a ton of snow
wink.gif

not so good for the busa but tons of fun in the truck
cool.gif

MAW is a bunch of thieves, deal with them only with extreme caution. PAY only with a secured credit card who's funding agent will fight any claims for you. MAW will mostly try to screw you like they have many many others.

You've been warned.

hmmm thanks for the heads up ..... what is it that they do exactly? not ship or double bill or ?

Sounds like someone has had a bad experience. Enlighten us please... I'm rather interested in the battery tender myself.

My experience with MAW is that they post good prices in their advertising, but then hit you with hefty S&H charges (e.g., a couple of years ago I tried to buy a tire from them. They said the tire weighed 30 lbs. and wanted to charge me accordingly. I didn't buy the tire). These policies may have changed, but you should check to be sure.

well I ordered frame sliders for my gixxer. Yep they're in stock. 7 days goes by and no sliders but ai get a nice backordered slip from them int he mail. I call and cancelled. Locala dealer said 2 week wait, why would I wait 6 months on MAW as they then quoted when I called about the backordered slip. Then order tires, they send the worng size. They argue I ordered wrong. Guy finally checks his record and realizes the mistake was theirs. He says to send them back, "we'll reimburse you." costed $8 each to send to them. NOW they charged ME $12 to send them to me!!! I asked for my reimbursement. "OH that should had only costed $6." Strange eh? They now claim even though it was their fault they sent the wrong tires they're gonna charge me 25% restockign fee for the return. I told them no way and said keep your tires. 2 weeks later the tires arrive from MAW. I called them, I said I didn't order these. They said I could return them but I would be charged 25% restocking fee. They charged my credit charge for the tires I DIDN'T order and charged me 25% restocking fee and they refused to pay for return shipping. I called my credit card. THANKS GOD FOR THAT BOGUS PROTECTION PLAN. American express said no problem. EVERYTHING was credited to my account (even all shipping charges I quoted them over the phone) the NEXT day. OK skip ahead 6 months later and many warnes like this to board members. THE FRAME SLIDERS ARRIVED AND THEY CHARGED MY CARD AGAIN. Same crap. i called MAW and explain that this order was cancelled 6 months prior, no could in no way be a restocking fee because the item was not stocked at the time it was cancelled. They said same ole B/S. Return it and lose 25% and return costs. One call to AE and all was taken care of.

My advice.

AMERICAN EXPRESS and their protection fee is well worth the $35/yr if you plan to use your card online or for any purchases.

MAW is a bunch of thieves. If they were on fire, I wouldn't even piss on them.

MAW sucks my ass! Caveat Emptor!!! They have no qualms about charging your CC for items they don't have, nor plan to restock.

Sorry to hear about your problems with MAW but I've never experienced that. I always order over the phone and NEVER accept back ordered items. If they say they have to back order something I want, I order it elsewhere. Last time I ordered a set of tires, they arrived in three days. Hard to beat that!

Sorry to hear about your problems with MAW but I've never experienced that.  I always order over the phone and NEVER accept back ordered items.  If they say they have to back order something I want, I order it elsewhere.  Last time I ordered a set of tires, they arrived in three days.  Hard to beat that!
My question to you is: Who will you blame when they screw you like they have some many others?

You've been warned. Sad people will sell out their fellow community members to save a buck. If a guy screws you and you lay it on the line in front of me what his history is, it will cost more than a buck for him to get me to instill my trust in him. Boycotting places like this is the only way to force them to treat customers they way they should be, All customers all the time.

Back