Motor: Stock or tuned for street turbo

Thule

Registered
Hello guys, my name is tobi, from Germany.

I own a 99 gen1 busa with some mods, does it 310km/h (gps speed).
I planned it for a long time to build up a turbo busa, just for streets, no drag.

Atm i am looking for a complete turbo kit, must have is a blow off.
The reason why i registered myself in an american hayabusa forum is because we dont have any of these in germany. It's not like in USA.

But before planting a turbo in, i want to modify my stock motor. Until now i've done nothing special on the motor.
My plan is to make the motor stable for around 300hp, not more. First less.
Means i want to use H-shaft rods, which are ok until 500hp+, 0,080in spacer with new cylinder bolts (dont know how they are called in eng).
What about the pistons? Actually i want to use the stock ones, maybe new stock ones, i have four of them here, absolutely new.
Thank you guys, and sorry for not searching, i dont know much technical words in english, except of standart ones.

greets!

Hello guys, my name is tobi, from Germany.

I own a 99 gen1 busa with some mods, does it 310km/h (gps speed).
I planned it for a long time to build up a turbo busa, just for streets, no drag.

Atm i am looking for a complete turbo kit, must have is a blow off.
The reason why i registered myself in an american hayabusa forum is because we dont have any of these in germany. It's not like in USA.

But before planting a turbo in, i want to modify my stock motor. Until now i've done nothing special on the motor.
My plan is to make the motor stable for around 300hp, not more. First less.
Means i want to use H-shaft rods, which are ok until 500hp+, 0,080in spacer with new cylinder bolts (dont know how they are called in eng).
What about the pistons? Actually i want to use the stock ones, maybe new stock ones, i have four of them here, absolutely new.
Thank you guys, and sorry for not searching, i dont know much technical words in english, except of standart ones.

greets!

An RCC Gen 1 Stage One is the best kit for you, although if you are looking for a solid 300 rwhp bike, I would consider an injector upgrade as well. Yes, rods and pistons, I would recommend Carillo H-beams and Wossner turbo pistons and ARP cylinder studs. Change out your valve springs as well. If you PM me your address info, I can give you pricing to your door on the turbo system, and anything else you may need. :laugh:

hi frank,

i had bad experiences with wössner pistons, in our 2 stroke and 4 stroke enignes they only reach the half lifetime than the original pistons, although they are forged produced.
Do you run the wössner pistons in your bike? Any negative experience?
Thanks for your offer, but first i will build up the motor, then looking for a kit. Furthermore i try to get some used parts first.
Anyway i will buy a turbokit somewhere in europe, because of the exchange rate of the euro compared with the USD atm. It's ridicules, almost 1:1.

hi frank,

i had bad experiences with wössner pistons, in our 2 stroke and 4 stroke enignes they only reach the half lifetime than the original pistons, although they are forged produced.
Do you run the wössner pistons in your bike? Any negative experience?
Thanks for your offer, but first i will build up the motor, then looking for a kit. Furthermore i try to get some used parts first.
Anyway i will buy a turbokit somewhere in europe, because of the exchange rate of the euro compared with the USD atm. It's ridicules, almost 1:1.

Since I didn't build the motors you had issues with, I can't comment on what may have happened. We use Wossner turbo pistons on the majority of our turbo builds, with no issues. I have a set in my own Ultra bike, which made over 600 rear wheel on our dyno, they have been in that bike for over 10,000 miles. I have not had one issue at all with that bike, or any other turbo we have build with Wossner pistons. Can't say the same for JE pistons! :poke:

Good luck with your build . . .

didn't know the site, thanks cantab! They have alot off stuff.

Does anyone have a t16 turbo? I could get a used one. Think mcxpress delivired their first kits with this turbo.

Back