Motor Problems

tn stroller

Registered
I might be in more trouble than I wanted,.....I just got motor out of frame last night and didn't know it was gonna be that heavy....wow..., now I have several questions to ask!!!! The reason why I pulled it...., is cause my 2ed gear is popping out and the shim on intake side No. 1 plug is measuring .405 that's too far out of spec....I also noticed that the vac hose that runs from front of motor to No. 4 throttle body was dry rotted and wasn't connected. Could that be what's causing shim to be out of spec. and making ticking noise? Also is there a engine stand that can flip motor so I can pull tranny

I might be in more trouble than I wanted,.....I just got motor out of frame last night and didn't know it was gonna be that heavy....wow..., now I have several questions to ask!!!! The reason why I pulled it...., is cause my 2ed gear is popping out and the shim on intake side No. 1 plug is measuring .405 that's too far out of spec....I also noticed that the vac hose that runs from front of motor to No. 4 throttle body was dry rotted and wasn't connected. Could that be what's causing shim to be out of spec. and making ticking noise? Also is there a engine stand that can flip motor so I can pull tranny

tn
That vacuum line missing is not going to cause that issue, that just goes to the emission system.
That intake vale clearance having that much play is a physical mechanical issue. If it's a first get busa it should be between .008 -.010 thou
Are you sure you have the engine rotated in the correct position and are measuring the clearance correctly?
What you are coming up with is almost 1/2" of play :eek:

tn
That vacuum line missing is not going to cause that issue, that just goes to the emission system.
That intake vale clearance having that much play is a physical mechanical issue. If it's a first get busa it should be between .008 -.010 thou
Are you sure you have the engine rotated in the correct position and are measuring the clearance correctly?
What you are coming up with is almost 1/2" of play :eek:
Yes, it's a gen1 and I checked it several times. Could it be a broke value spring?

tn
Unsure about that possibly being a broken valve spring.
Did you have a chance to hear the engine running before you pulled it? I suspect yes.
Was it noisy?
I anticipate that head will need to be pulled, disassembled and a thorough inspection of all components be preformed.
If I were the person inspecting your head I would absolutely prefer to be the one dismantling it so it can be looked over as is oppose to having you pull it all apart and providing me all the parts.
I would be interested in seeing what face of the assembled head looks like.
See if any of the valves are visibly seated poorly.
Inspect the pistons to see if the cylinder 1 intake valves made contact with the piston.
Does anyone know if the first gen busa engines are an interference engine?

Any other opinions?

Back