motor mount

gunsavy

Registered
today I was out riding some twisty back roads and when I stopped I heard somthing pop. pulled over got off the bike amd notice the motor mount screw tip broke and popped of (top rear mount just under seat) what would make that happen. also noticed the bottom one was in the same condition.

Ummm...errrr...uhhh.....my guess ????......"You rode off a curb and bopped the header and oil pan"...second guess ????....."You ten o'clocked a wheelie, jammed the brakes and came down hard....are you lowered at all ????........We're talking motor mounts and not swingarm pivot correct ????......

yes the bike is lowered and as a matter of fact I did a small wheelie the other day that wasn't intentional launched to hard. maybe that's it

also it may have been wearing out over time I know the guy before me pulled it up very often.

also it may have been wearing out over time I know the guy before me pulled it up very often.

Hmmmm........"the guy before me pulled it up very often"...possibly the smoking gun. Power launches (lifting) are one thing as the front end settles gently as you shoot through the gears.....wheelies at lower speeds cause stress when gravity, accented by rear brake (with, or without), takes it's toll. Daniel (Goldenchild) can get you set back up with the proper parts.... :super: You'll also need the socket and Boostbysmith (Greg) has those, maybe Daniels also......

Postscript: I'd check all the mountings, the oil pan AND bolts (and the metal surrounding all those 8mm bolts). Be keen on this inspection and check carefully, and meticulously. It'll pay off.

Last edited:
Back