Motomfg Paddock Stand

Trent

Registered
This is just a sort of headsup to any of you guys interested in one of those cool stands like the Bursig and Envy. These guys make one too ...for Ducati only right now. I inquired last week about a model for the Busa and they said it's in the works and a couple of months out. Its supposed to be a real heavy unit. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
MotoMfg paddock stand Ducati

I have a Bursig, and I think Crusty369 has an Envy.
Any of these type of stands that are quality made(as that one appears to be also)are worth their weight in gold! It makes things so easy, I hope you get one.:beerchug:

I have a Bursig, and I think Crusty369 has an Envy.
Any of these type of stands that are quality made(as that one appears to be also)are worth their weight in gold! It makes things so easy, I hope you get one.:beerchug:

so ive got to ask how does this connect to your bike to lift it?

I hope you get one.:beerchug:
Oh yeah I am all over it. I just need to spread my farkles and do dads over a few months so I dont get in trouble. This will happen most likely next month since I blew my first months secret money on (double-bubble, pazzos, tank bra, new jacket, new helmet, frame plugs, extra cowl to cut, mirror extenders) and besides... I NEED the lift to do the galfer rotors:cheerleader:

Oh yeah I am all over it. I just need to spread my farkles and do dads over a few months so I dont get in trouble. This will happen most likely next month since I blew my first months secret money on (double-bubble, pazzos, tank bra, new jacket, new helmet, frame plugs, extra cowl to cut, mirror extenders) and besides... I NEED the lift to do the galfer rotors:cheerleader:

Delete this website and leave now then.
Because if you stay you're gonna find all sorts of great things that eat money:laugh:

in the works for gen 1 or gen 2?
I didn't really ask, I assumed that they would be the same. They got back to me in less than a day and it was a Sunday too so maybe a quick email if you want to be sure what they are working on.

here is the message I got... "Thanks for your interest. We currently do not make one for the Hayabusa's but will be within the next few months.

Thanks

Greg

motomfg- Ducati tools and quality billet accessories,
"

I'm still wondering how well these things do on gaps in tile?
My floor is big square tiles with grout gap in between. How will the wheels handle that? Are they gonna dig in and dump the bike or roll right over them?

My floor is big square tiles with grout gap in between. How will the wheels handle that? Are they gonna dig in and dump the bike or roll right over them?

I think if your grout isnt too low that it wouldnt really be a problem since you could angle the attack as you roll it around The stands with the double wheels might be the one to focus on for you, like six packs above. In his first picture he is letting the stand wheels rest in the groove of his sidewalk so maybe ask him. My fear is that my garage is slightly angled to the driveway that is really angled to the steep curb below...now thats something to worry about.

The other think in the back of my mind is that I would really want to use it for long periods of display when I am not using the bike so I want that extra good feeling that the bike can sit up there for ever without suffering any kind of strange fatigue on a weld or some other part. If Suzuki would make the stand or a copy I would feel much better about it.

If you roll a wheel(s) into a gap they may roll over it, depending upon the rolling speed and depth of the gap. If the wheel(s)stop suddenly you and the bike are going to stop just as quick.:laugh:
The bike isn't going anywhere. The stand is extremely sturdy, and there is a little flex because of the few moving parts.
The footprint of the stand is also large enough that the bike is not going to topple over. The wheels would have to drop off a substantiol amount (much deeper than any groove in tile) for the bike to fall, like off of a step.
The pins that fit into the frame adjust to fit in smoothly, but once the weight of the bike is on them it would take a tremendous force for the bike to slide off of them.
The only problem you may experience with a tiled floor is that the stand rolls smooth until contacting a groove. Just back it up a couple inches and put a little more effort into moving it and the wheels will go across just fine. That works fine for me and the groove in my patio is much deeper than any tile I've ever seen. Either way it takes little effort to push the bike around to where ever you want.
I have no worries at all about it ever falling off the stand.
I even pushed my luck and sat on it bouncing up and down...as a friend pushed me around, and across that groove in the picture. Pass!
I don't store the bike on the stand, but I wouldn't have any problem leaving it on it for an extended period of time if need be, working on it, ect.
I can only speak for the Bursig(even though the other 2 appear to be of equal quality), but it is excellent.
Pricey, but one of, if not the best bike tool I have ever seen or own. You can buy plates for many other bikes too, so remove 2 bolts and install the new plate and lift a different bike with the same stand.
You will not be disapointed with this stand, it works flawlessly and exactly how it appears on the video on Bursig's website.:thumbsup:

Back