motoGP today....

Well just got home from MotoGP and let me tell you something... "Lame w/ the rain" ? NOT.... it was freakin awesome... we were huddled up in the stands in between turns 7-10 and the wind was blowing 40+ mph with sheets of rain falling.. IT WAS AWESOME!! the crowd was cheering Hayden on (he led most of the race until he over heated the rear tire :( 2 laps from the end)...

The skills these guys had to ride in those conditions (and they were draggin knees and elbows) was amazing... People from all over the world were sitting around us and the cheers were universal... The 125's saw at least 8 spills and the MotoGP bikes 0....

What a thrill to be at the first race at IMS in 99 years and MotoGP no less... I can not wait till the next one..

The haze you see is sheets of rain fall.. this is the last lap that Hayden led and 2 from the end of the race...

DSC_0373.JPG

yep.good stuff!
did you guys see me? I was up high by that one support piller
Posted via Mobile Device

yep.good stuff!
did you guys see me? I was up high by that one support piller
Posted via Mobile Device
:laugh: we were doing all we could to hang on to the umbrella..

Karen just before the down pour....

DSC_0357.JPG

5 minutes later? no sun, no light and LOTs of plastic parkas :)

DSC_0362.JPG

Last edited:
NAKAGAMI got off and "ragdolled" at 134 mph... he did not walk away.. they had to transport him via meat wagon to hospital..
DSC_0192.JPG

hey we were just talking about the Dogs... they were really pretty good (1/4lb too) and only $3.. surprising how good the food was for the pricing..

hey we were just talking about the Dogs... they were really pretty good (1/4lb too) and only $3.. surprising how good the food was for the pricing..

Well, it's been a while. Could of been bad acid also.

Don't remember to much.

r8

I think they do pretty good on food as they allow you to bring in what ever you want.. helps keep prices down I bet... considering the numbers of people there, the folks at IMS do a pretty great job.. Shame traffic control "AFTER" the event is so crappy...

I thought they were gonna have a restart and finish after the rain passed. I would have liked to see what Hayden could have done against Rossi with fresh tires if the they had gone back out to finish.

Back