Motogp Spoiler Alert

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I hate Mark Marques! I think what he did to Rossi was such a low move he doesn't belong in professional racing. But what he did this year was maybe one of the best seasons ever for a champion. There is parity in the field like never before, the proof being the many winners. Further, MM won this one with his head, not by being a crazy wild man hoping he can stay on the bike long enough to win.

Going into the final there was no way Dovi was going to catch MM, yet the final race was as epic a race as it's we've seen this season. Pedrosa pulling in behind MM to shield him from the field as a team mate should. Lorenzo being a jerk and holding up Dovi, and Zarco as aggressive as ever. Brilliant stuff all and MM then adds to the adventure by losing the front and picking the bike up again as only MM can. It was as if he was saying "this is why I'm the best". All in all an amazing season.

What world superbike wouldn't give for this kind of action! So, as much as it pains me to say it, Well done MM. You were truly the best man this year - enjoy this well deserved trophy!

I hate the beIN TV announcer who excessively pronounces his name as Mawk Mawkezz. Four premier class championships in five years is a testament to his skill for sure. I've always liked the variety of bikes on the podium. Different brands, engines and pit crews all within a second of each other is certainly a testament to their skill as well.

think Lorenzo thought he could reel in Dani and drag Andrea with him so he could fight, unfortunately for Jorge he wasnt really actually doing that and did hold Dovi up, i dont think any of the Dukes were capable of winning today.

Got my subscription bill for the video pass its 119.99 euros, money well spent as ive ditched Sky (cable) ages ago.

Reakon Lorenzo blatantly ignored team orders . Dovi has beaten him convincingly in every comparison there is to judge this year , there is some serious bad blood rivalry there in the Ducati camp , and that race illustrated that plainly for all to see .When it was announced that Lorenzo was going to Ducati , some people presumed that he would definitely be the top rider , but as we have seen , this was not the case . Anyway Marques has won , and like Arch says , amazing year for him , and he has well earned the crown .

I think Lorenzo is still believing the "Spanish Team" BS. There is no way he didn't know that he was being ordered to let Dovi pass. If MM had gone down when he lost the front, Lorenzo might have been the cause of Dovi losing. I'm sure Dovi ate some tires trying to get around Lorenzo. I think Lorenzo is bad news and I wouldn't be surprised if Ducati dumps him when his contract is done. They can get many riders who can perform as well as Lo for a fraction of his contract.

Looks like Movistar Yamaha has some serious come to Mama talk to do about their equipment. Zarco riding the older Tech 3 putting both Rossi and Vinales to shame.

Was a great season, and I agree with most about Lorenzo. His bad attitude started showing while he was still with Yamaha and this season he was in no position to earn the right towards causing drama. Ducati must know they picked a lemon.

Lorenzo did see his 'mapping 8' and board he still believed in himself...:laugh:

Dovi said himself he was at the maximum and hadn't anything else left , Agree with Arch - Dovi burned up his rear trying. I doubt the Duke could've battled the 2016 Yamaha or Honda in the closing laps.

I reckon the Dukes are just pigs for anyone to ride, Dovi does ok cause he's painfully been there for such a long time and just knows them, no one else ever will.

Great racing across all the classes again :bowdown:

Looks like Movistar Yamaha has some serious come to Mama talk to do about their equipment. Zarco riding the older Tech 3 putting both Rossi and Vinales to shame.

Was a great season, and I agree with most about Lorenzo. His bad attitude started showing while he was still with Yamaha and this season he was in no position to earn the right towards causing drama. Ducati must know they picked a lemon.

I think the 2016 M1 is the better bike. Whatever geometry changes they made to the 2017 bike they don't work consistently if at all. But the 2017 clearly has more power. It's funny but the bikes all seem to have preferred track layouts. There were a couple tracks where Marquez struggled to P5. Very strange situation in the sport but as a result the racing has gone back to arses and elbows which is a real hoot for the fans.

I expect better, more consistent tires next year. And anyone who doesn't show with a bike that can run in the rain is DOA for a championship.

I hate the beIN TV announcer who excessively pronounces his name as Mawk Mawkezz .

Four premier class championships in five years is a testament to his skill for sure .

I've always liked the variety of bikes on the podium .

Different brands,
engines and pit crews
all within a second of each other
is certainly a testament to their skill as well .

I hate the beIN TV announcer who excessively pronounces his name as Mawk Mawkezz. Four premier class championships in five years is a testament to his skill for sure. I've always liked the variety of bikes on the podium. Different brands, engines and pit crews all within a second of each other is certainly a testament to their skill as well.

LOL
Some of us just have a disadvantage when it comes to accent.
Will never forget when I got pulled over in Oklahoma with California plates and LEO asked my if I spoke English. My reply " I speak perfect English, you don't you speak American". Needless to say he made me regret that statement.

Pretty wild way to end the year. Testing season will be intense. Not really sure what to expect next season in MotoGP, but I am really looking forward to see how Fenati fairs in moto2 next year. The bigger bikes should suit his size much better than the tiddlers. Honestly looking forward to the demise of the winglets, that has created some truly abominable looking bikes recently.

Honda showing good straight line speed - 351kph, fastest so far this weekend.

Top ten:
1. Marc Marquez - (Repsol Honda Team) – 1:53.380
2. Maverick Viñales - (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) - +0.474
3. Jack Miller - (Alma Pramac Racing) - +0.528
4. Danilo Petrucci - (Mission Winnow Ducati) - +0.673
5. Fabio Quartararo - (Petronas Yamaha SRT) - +0.774
6. Andrea Dovizioso - (Mission Winnow Ducati) - +0.876
7. Franco Morbidelli - (Petronas Yamaha SRT) - +0.895
8. Alex Rins - (Team Suzuki Ecstar) - +0.940
9. Aleix Espargaro - (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) - +0.987
10. Joan Mir - (Team Suzuki Ecstar) - +1.022

Back