MotoGP Kick-off race...

I'm not particular a Rossi fan. But I looked at the video over and over again. Seems Rossie already took the inside and it was Seta that closed in on him too close on that last round.

If Rossi KNEW that Seta was going to cut into the apex that close and purposely slipped in there to block him, then Seta shouldn't have cut in that close. That was a block move on Rossi's part and I can't blame him. IT REALLY is RACING. Don't hate just because.

Think about it for a moment: Would you accused Seta of cheating if it WAS Rossi that got ran off the track and came in 2nd?

i've seen it posted somewhere else... or.. this opinion anyway..

i wonder if rossi could have made the corner had he not used sete as something to bounce off of..

in hind site I'm sure sete would have whoooo'ed it down a little let rossi go wide and shot up the inside..

dunno if it woulda worked or not.. I guess it would have depened on how much speed rossi had to scrub to keep it on track.

i actually do keep up with nascar somewhat.. i know.. redneck sport and all that.. but it's still a hell of a lot more competitive than 99% of all other motorsports. the little guy has "SOME" chance.. not much but a little anyways.

oh.. i don't think it was the most gentlemanly move.. but I prolly would atleast tried to stick it in there like he did..

I woulda crashed cuz i'm not a rossi.. but hey i can dream.

Hey,

its the last lap
the last corner

what do you think a racer is going to do???

he is going for the win, not to be named the nicest guy in town.

to race like that you need huge hard balls, ever know a guy like that to be nice??
wink.gif

boy I stirred up a hornets nest didn't I?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Oh well no hard feelings IMO it was just racing but if I did not like Rossi I would probably feel that it was a cheap move but oh well life goes on.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

I thought it was a legit move...Sete had to of know what rossi was going to try something...what just because it was the last turn Rossi was supposed to just accept second??? Come one now...

Rossi made a bad move Sete overtook him when he went wide...if there was enough room for Rossi to squeeze in there Sete should of blocked him off. he just let him scoot on in there...When he did try to block rossi off it was to late...and smack the bikes hit...

I say It was fair and see u in Portugal buddy....Sete has the taste of blood...i predict at some point these two will crash each other out....

put me down as a HUGE Rossi fan. The dude can ride!!! Sete came into him first. He's lucky all he got was a little nudge! He came into Rossi's line.........screw em!

Hmm funny we all look at the same video and come away with different views. Just my opinion but I saw Rossi dive bomb into the corner and more or less loose control and drop his foot off the peg knowing he was going down. The other guy did cut in the corner like a normal corner and Rossi took him all the way to the dirt. Bad play on both there parts but I really think Rossi lost it going in and knew he was going down its racing last corner close racing I wouldnt loose any sleep over it but just my .02 Rossi got lucky pushing a bad move.

Hey what happened in the end did they let Rossi have it or did the other guy complain and get the win I think I missed the end

the results haven't been changed.. I don't think sete is arguing too hard... haven't read anything about it anyways.

faaack it, sete is mad, but I win race anyway! ..; or something to that effect from valetino

gotta love the attitude

Rossi Rules - little tiffs like this only make the racing even better
I can't wait to see what happens in the next race.

You can't blame Rossi any more than Sete, they were both chomping at the bit to win. Neither of them were going to
take any prisoners.

I don't think it was intentional. Two rivals, last turn in a close race...

It made for a really good race. I was more PO'ed about Hayden's tires giving out. He was podium for sure....

Hell, after watching how that last lap was going, that came as no surprise to me. Rossi did what any racer would do... he saw the door open and took the inside. If something, it looked like Sete was the one that tried to close in on HIM. I don't blame either though. I thought it was a GREAT race. After seeing that last lap, Sete would have done the SAME thing if he was in Rossi's shoes (or boots in this case
tounge.gif
). Anyways, just my .02 cents.

I gotta agree with you Busaman...

Sete looks like he tried to dive a bit into the corner, but then it also looked like Rossi's cornering ability was off the mark, like he was sliding out a bit due to worn tires (which is what it looked like led to Sete taking the lead in the first place).

I'm glad there wasn't a disqualification, because there really wasn't enough to validate it, though the controversy is there and will remain I'm sure. Should make for a fun bit of drama as the season rolls on though.

Back