MotoGP is coming down to the wire!

Juggler

Techie Answer Guy
Donating Member
Registered
So if I have this figured out right, it's basically a two-horse race at this point (Hayden vs. Rossi).  The best Melandri can do is 2nd if both Rossi/Hayden DNF.

So here's my MotoGP Math:

Hayden takes 1st, Rossi can finish no lower than 2nd
Hayden takes 2nd, Rossi can finish no lower than 4th
Hayden takes 3rd, Rossi can finish no lower than 7th
Hayden takes 4th, Rossi can finish no lower than 10th
Hayden takes 5th, Rossi can finish no lower than 12th
Hayden takes 6th, Rossi can finish no lower than 13th
Hayden takes 7th, Rossi can finish no lower than 14th
Hayden takes 8th, Rossi can finish no lower than 15th

Please double-check if I'm right.  If I'm incorrect, I'll edit.

What happens if there's a tie?  Would it go to a qualifying time comparison?

If Hayden takes it, it would be a great story.  If Rossi wins it, it would be an even better story.

If I was Rossi, I would just crash into Hayden and win the championship
firedevil.gif

(Juggler @ Oct. 15 2006,18:30) If Hayden takes it, it would be a great story.  If Rossi wins it, it would be an even better story.
I can only hear a story SO many times before I grow bored of it ...

Final race Hayden 1st Pedrosa 2nd

Nicky Hayden becomes the 2006 MotoGP Champion
beerchug.gif

That was a fantastic race yesterday. Great last lap. Tony Elias is mental. Gutted for Kenny Roberts. In an interview on Eurosport he said that he thought he'd won it as he thought the previous lap was the last one, and he crossed the line first.

I'm a big Rossi fan, but I really didn't want Hayden to go out like that. I'd prefer to see the championship won on the track than because of somebody else taking him out. All the same, it's going to be a big final race. Just what the sport needs.
Wouldn't want to be Pedrosa today. He didn't he look like he was sorry for ruining Nickys championship.

Roll on Valancia.

guns.gif
Pedrosa!

I just got through from watching it on Tivo. I always fast-forward to the last 15 minutes of the race. I noticed Hayden didn't place, so I went back to see what happened.

And then I witnessed what happened on lap 4.
SHOCKED.gif

Its one thing to hold Rossi off in the points, but to now not only catch him but pass him with one race to go is devastating for Hayden to say the least. 12 point lead to an 8 point handicap ...
sad.gif

Who's it going be?

It'll be Hayden's or at least I feel so .

guns.gif
Rossi
guns.gif
guns.gif
Pedrosa!

I wouldn’t bet against Rossi now. Edwards has now shown that he will try and help Rossi. It would be awesome for Nicky to Win and have Pedrosa right behind him in Valencia but Betting against Rossi while he has a head of steam and he’s going to a track he likes. Not a super high probability of success, but then this season has been full of Surprises!

guns.gif

guns.gif

(hionbusa @ Oct. 15 2006,20:07) If I was Rossi, I would just crash into Hayden and win the championship  
firedevil.gif
Why, he already has a crasher and it's Nickys team mate
laugh.gif

Pedrosa really needs to look at the racing tape and watch Edwards, THAT'S WHAT A TEAM MATE DOES TO HELP HIS TEAM MATE WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP !!!

Rossi wins with no problem from Nicky if Rossi's bike doesn't let him down (and I don't think that will happen) !!!

(bigoltool @ Oct. 16 2006,14:53)
smile.gif
That is awesome! My new screensaver!

That should be in a magazine somewhere...
PRICELESS!
super.gif

Thats was aggravating as hell to watch.. How do you take your own teammate out like that because you have longshot at the title? Isnt he a 3 time world champion or something? Couldnt he just let Hayden win one for once?
AAAssjani.gif

I think Hayden looks like an IDIOT re-signing for a team that doesn't give a flyin f^ck about him. It's pathetic. I HATE Pedrosa and I think the sport should shun him. But, I do think Rossi would have won the championship reguardless, but it would have been nice for Hayden to atleast finish the last races.

Hayden is a good rider . I just think he plays it too much on the safe side .
To pedrosa's defense, He probably was thinking that Hayden was just riding too damn safe/slow and he didnt want Rossi to take off . So he put little pressure on Hayden before the mishap.

If I was a betting man, toss in the chips and take Rossi.
Too many points to overcome in one race for Nicky, however stranger things have happened this season
firedevil.gif

I just hope Valancia is a clean and competitive race !
lurk.gif

(hionbusa @ Oct. 16 2006,19:16) Hayden is a good rider . I just think he plays it too much on the safe side .
To pedrosa's defense, He probably was thinking that Hayden was just riding too damn safe/slow and he didnt want Rossi to take off . So he put little pressure on Hayden before the mishap.
Did you watch the same race everyone else watched? His rear tire was 3 inches off the ground before he lost the front and skittled Hayden out of 3rd place! Hayden put it up the inside of him in the same corner the prior lap and he was obviously wanting to return the favor but ran out of talent half way into the corner!
crazy.gif

Dani Pedrosa :
“What can I say? I made a mistake and I'm really sorry. It's the first time I've hit another rider in my career – it's never happened before in practice or racing in six years and it's happened at the worst moment that I could do it. Obviously I'm very unhappy and Nicky is not happy and I just want to apologize because I made a mistake. I said sorry to Nicky and I can understand that he is very upset – I wish I could change it. I didn't want to pass him at that moment. I braked and my rear wheel came off the ground and then it touched the ground again, I got a little more speed. I couldn't stop the bike and there was nowhere to go. I have a fracture in my little finger but we have time for it to be ok for Valencia.â€￾

Makoto Tamada "team boss" :
“This was definitely a very disappointing day for us. But this extraordinary season is not over yet. Obviously our target for the next race at Valencia is for Nicky to win and for Dani to finish second which would give Nicky the riders' championship title.â€￾

and Hayden :
“I don't know what to say really – it just hurts. I had a really hard tyre on for the race, especially for the left handers, and it came in and I couldn't believe how comfortable I felt in the first few laps.  
I was a lot faster than Edwards and I'd just made up my mind that I'd pass him right there on the brakes and I felt I could go and see what Valentino had. I don't expect Dani to pull over and let me by but I definitely didn't expect him to do that. We're professionals and Dani did come to my motorhome and talk to me afterwards and we shook hands. I've proved this weekend that I wasn't going to give up without a fight and even now I believe I'm pretty strong. This was not one of my best tracks and I've come here and gone quick – I was fastest in one session, got on the front row and had a good race pace. I need Dani's help now because anything could happen in Valencia, so I hope his hand's ok. I told him there's a way to make it up to me and that's if we run one-two in Valencia then the championship's still possible. It's racing.â€￾

Words can not explain the pain Hayden must be going through. The only thing Pedrosa should do in the next race is help Hayden win by somehow slowing Rossi down.

Hayden should have a good old southern talk to him and explain it in words that guy little guy can understand. I meet Pedrosa down at Laguna earlier this year, I hope I see him next year again. Will have some nice words for him. That is if he even comes to the US.

Back