Motogp in germany

My dang DVR didn't record the race.... WTF!!!
Hopefully it'll catch a repeat sometime in the next few days...
Tuesday : July 18, 2006
Time Program Description Rating
1:00 pm MotoGP World Championship German Grand Prix NR
2:00 pm MotoGP 250 German Grand Prix NR

times eastern
on speed channel

Michael

I think that Rossi's battling the wrist and the bike this year. Whatever Yamaha did to the M1 during the off-season didn't fit him at all, and they've just managed to get the bike back into some kind of harmony over the past month or so.

That said, Honda's seems to have done everything right, allowing their already competitive riders to really challenge. Their bikes are blazing this year!

Anybody in LA going to check out Hayden and a few others ride down Hollywood Blvd. on Tuesday? I'd love to go but doubt I can.

Finally, Speed Channel officially sucks. Why - for the love of God - cut to commercial during the LAST LAP of this ultra-competitive race? A pack of four riders literally riding on top of each other, split by a fraction of a second...and I'm watching Nutrisystem commercials. My MotoGP suscription starts NOW.

That race was EPIC! I will be burning that one off of my pvr onto a disc for sure! Rossi isn't human, Melandri is a tough lil bastid, Pedrosa is fast and finally Hayden definitely has his hands full now. I don't think for a second he will have the cake walk he had last year at Laguna. I hope like hell he perseveres but Rossi is on a mission! Melandri seems to be the only one who can truly stand in there and fight toe to toe with himevery race. This year has had two of the best MotoGP races ever (include Mugello) Its a good time to be watching as no doubt this will go down as a historic year in Motorcycle Racing.

Now when will we see Ben Spies and Jake Zemke in MotoGP?

I too had that same thought about the commercials towards the tail end of the race.

Do you think Ben & Jake are ready for MOTOGP ? Totally different league than AMA Superbike or even World Superbike (in my opinion). I would love to see em compete though !

Can anybody stop this kid?
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

My only hope is that Rossi retires while he is still #1. Miguel Duhamel was the AMA superbike champion in the early to mid ninetys and still hangs around to be 4th or 5th. What would be your motivation if you went from the best to the third or fourth best? ( I still think Rossi has three more championships left-including this year)

I too had that same thought about the commercials towards the tail end of the race.

Do you think Ben & Jake are ready for MOTOGP ?  Totally different league than AMA Superbike or even World Superbike (in my opinion).   I would love to see em compete though !
It would take them a year or 2 before I think they could challenge consistantly.

1)Totally different bikes and tires.
2)Totally different tracks, except Laguna.

Its a big dissadvantage to come straight to MotoGP from the AMA, just having to learn all those tracks that European MotoGP rookies already know.

Do you think Ben & Jake are ready for MOTOGP ? Totally different league than AMA Superbike or even World Superbike (in my opinion). I would love to see em compete though !
It would take them a year or 2 before I think they could challenge consistantly.

Its a big dissadvantage to come straight to MotoGP from the AMA, just having to learn all those tracks that European MotoGP rookies already know.
spot on.

Do you think Ben & Jake are ready for MOTOGP ?  Totally different league than AMA Superbike or even World Superbike (in my opinion).   I would love to see em compete though !

spot on.
Remember Neil Hodgson? He was the WSB champion and an ex MotoGP rider and here he is in the US getting his a$$ handed to him by the young guys. Anybody that doesn't think AMA Superbike is not as competitive as WSB or BSB ain't watching the right races. Yes the young guys have to start somewhere. Nicky Hayden Jumped in the deep end and has faired pretty damn well don't you think? Not to mention a few guys named Rainey, Schwantz, Doug Polen etc The AMA Superbike series is a springboard man! My opinion Spies is ready!

I totally agree with your statement. AMA has produced some elite rides that eventually take their talent overseas.. Neil Hodgson & B. Bostrom has definitely struggled against these 'young guns' on the AMA circuit.

Sky is the limit for Spies/Zemke !

spot on.
Remember Neil Hodgson? He was the WSB champion and an ex MotoGP rider and here he is in the US getting his a$$ handed to him by the young guys. Anybody that doesn't think AMA Superbike is not as competitive as WSB or BSB ain't watching the right races. Yes the young guys have to start somewhere. Nicky Hayden Jumped in the deep end and has faired pretty damn well don't you think? Not to mention a few guys named Rainey, Schwantz, Doug Polen etc The AMA Superbike series is a springboard man! My opinion Spies is ready!
I'm not saying they can't be successful.

I'm saying its going to take a couple years, at least one whole season, before they'd be competitive every race.

lots of good races this year in motogp.. makes both ama and wsb seem bland.

I don't know, the Mladin/Spies battle is going pretty good. I was at Road America when Mladin stopped Spies' winning streak. I seen Spies in the pits and he looked like a timid teenager. (BTW I'm a HUGE Mladin fan also) I will agree WSB is pretty weak this year, but to me it usually is, maybe it's the poor reception of the races?

Used to be that the AMA and WSBK were held on the same weekend at Laguna, and until they went to a spec tire in WSBK, the AMA riders would compete in Sunday's WSBK race. Now that was interesting to see!

Back