MotoGP in Austin is on the speed channel right now.

That kid Marquez is nuts! Ever seen anyone lay a bike over that far? Off the bike and draggin elbows almost every corner. I ride like that...In my dreams

212 mph(339-340 km/h)down the straight and 61,000+ spectators.:thumbsup:

And I was one of them! Absolute world class venue! Can you say track day? :drooling3:

More to follow...

IMG_3626.jpg

IMG_3615.jpg

IMG_3614.jpg

IMG_3586.JPG

And I was one of them! Absolute world class venue! Can you say track day? :drooling3:

More to follow...

Awesome! I almost jumped on a plane on Saturday. Can't wait for more pictures. What's the best part of the track for spectators in your opinion?

Awesome! I almost jumped on a plane on Saturday. Can't wait for more pictures. What's the best part of the track for spectators in your opinion?

Too many to pick one! I really liked the Grid start, Turn 19 was really awesome, the top of the hill @ the Red Bull Lounge was cool. The s's are not to be missed (turns 3,4,5 into 6) End of the back straight 12,13,14 and 15...very cool!

TV or motogp.com cannot do this place justice...super fast and incredibly technical.

IMG_3624.jpg

Was a great race for sure, congrats to the 'kid' jeez he's fast. Chef, how do you see the rest of the race that you can't see from where you are sitting? It looked to me like the best seats would be the one's facing the long back straight, you get to see the brake marker at the end, then about 5 turns before they go out of sight...

220+ down the back straight; jeez I saw 170 on the back straight of RA and I can't fathom what another 50MPH would be like...balz of steel....

Yamaha made the announcement before they ever arrived at the track that they could not compete with Honda on this track. No reason was specified.

I remember a young man named Spies who won a Moto GP race as well and many thought he would be the next Super Star. Spies was 4 seconds a lap off pole times on Sunday. Whether or not Young Marquez will reach super stardom is yet to be determined.

Sad that Spies did not feature, I think the jump from WSBK to MotoGp was just a little too steep. Marquez if he does not crash seems a good contender though, 2nd race and again on the podium.

That kid Marquez is nuts! Ever seen anyone lay a bike over that far? Off the bike and draggin elbows almost every corner. I ride like that...In my dreams

Marquez is here to stay... He is young, fast, has a great ride and a unique riding style. I see him finishing in top 3 this year. Like Rossi said Marquez reminds him of a young him........

Yamaha made the announcement before they ever arrived at the track that they could not compete with Honda on this track. No reason was specified.

Honda has had a solid platform for nearly a decade now and those bikes have an advantage on the top end. This new track having some long and fast straights just proved that as both Honda's pulled away from the rest of the crowd. The yammy's seem to do better on tight technical tracks, Point in case was Rossi at Quatar. He made up 5 positions in the last 8 laps of the race and his bike was carrying more speed through the corners than both the Honda's. His team mate Lorenzo was 7 seconds up on 2nd place.

Marquez is a force for sure. We watched him get off in WUP, turn 19, get on his second bike and produce a 2:04 lap....

Ben is still not 100% with his shoulder and this venue is extremely demanding. These were words from his mouth.

The back straight is very cool as was the top of turn one! Best place to watch would have been in the helicopter circling, however, I would hate to see what those tix cost....:laugh:

Back