MOTOGP 2103 Rossi IS BACK!

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Day 1 of Sepang Testing. ROSSI IS BACK BABY!!

Reunited Yamaha Factory Racing teammates Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi were quick to blow off any cobwebs from the winter rest. Rossi was initially the fastest rider during the majority of the morning session, clearly taking little time to re-bond with the YZR-M1 that has brought him so much previous success. Reigning World Champion Lorenzo was not far behind, the Mallorcan’s typically methodical approach to testing seeing him steadily work through a number of different items that the two were unable to fully test in Valencia at the end of last year. By the time riding stopped for the day, Lorenzo had risen to second, just 0.008 seconds from first with Rossi in fourth, less than half a second from the front. Both riders will be back on track at 10am local time tomorrow and again on Thursday for the final of the three days of the test.

Valentino Rossi“I’m very happy about the first day of testing with the M1. After two seasons away I was able to come back on the bike and remember the good feeling I always had with it. I am also happy because I was quite fast from the morning. We worked on the settings to make some improvements and we made some good steps. In the afternoon we started to work on the new parts for the season. It’s just the first test but the potential is high and I am in a good position, I am in fourth place but not far from the other three guys. I am very positive that we can improve over the next few days but I’m happy with the start.â€￾

i like rossi, i hope he put the big mouth lorenzo back in his place... it is going to be a good season .. a lot of changes and ducati with new rider and new bike...hard to tell who will be on top.. just hope it won't be lorenzo..

I genuinely hope Rossi does well. I'd also like to see him go out as a winner!

Go Valentino! :thumbsup:

Valentino is a somewhat different person coming back to Yamaha than he was when he left. The Ducati was a harsh lesson that he seems to have learned well and gracefully. No brash predictions, only thankfulness to be doing well, and respect for the other front running riders.
But I have a brash prediction..:laugh: This season is Pedrosa's last chance to get a championship, and may well be Lorenzo's too. #93 is learning fast, very fast..

I predict that Ben Spies will lead the pack until midway through the season, he's caught using dear antler spray and suspended for the rest of the season...:laugh: Just kidding. Looking forward to an exciting season and especially can't wait for the 2013 IOM TT.

It really bugs me that people don't respect a guy like Rossi. He is open, loves his fans and has won 9 times. When people say he couldn't ride the Ducati so what? He won on 2 strokes, 500, 800, 1000 cc bikes. Casey might be the most talented rider there but Rossi loves the sport and he loves the fight. Winning 9 world titles in the GP class is crazy, just amazing. Rossi won't be the best rider or even the most talented rider on any grid this season, but he's still the guy I respect most. Lorenzo is a great champion too. He was a punk but has gathered his nuts up and become a really professional rider in his approach to the sport. Where Rossi and Lorenzo surpass Casey is they are willing to fight for it and Casey acts like the sport owes him a championship because he's the most gifted. No excuses, just ride the best you can and let the gods chose the winners. Casey quit because he doesn't like having CRT riders on the course while he is qualifying, and that says more about him as a racer than his 2 world championships.

I predict that Ben Spies will lead the pack until midway through the season, he's caught using dear antler spray and suspended for the rest of the season...:laugh: Just kidding. Looking forward to an exciting season and especially can't wait for the 2013 IOM TT.

Ben's on a Duc. He'll be lucky to stay in front of the CRT bikes!

Valentino is a somewhat different person coming back to Yamaha than he was when he left. The Ducati was a harsh lesson that he seems to have learned well and gracefully. No brash predictions, only thankfulness to be doing well, and respect for the other front running riders.
But I have a brash prediction..:laugh: This season is Pedrosa's last chance to get a championship, and may well be Lorenzo's too. #93 is learning fast, very fast..

I would not bet against you on that prediction.

Screw Rossi, I want the guy you've never heard of to have a spot on the podium. I always lean towards the underdogs....Go...whatever your name is guy! :laugh:

Screw Rossi, I want the guy you've never heard of to have a spot on the podium. I always lean towards the underdogs....Go...whatever your name is guy! :laugh:

I think as much as Rossi can ever be a underdog - I think he is this year. I lik'em and I hope he does well this season.

I think there are really only two contending teams on the track - Factory Honda and Yamaha. Perdrosa, Marquez -already taken first spill - Jorge, and Rossi. If not one of these guys - Who?

I'll assume that at least a few people here will be going to the Indianapois Moto GP in August. This'll be my first time going....any suggestions on where to stay or where to avoid?
Thanks

Rio

I think as much as Rossi can ever be a underdog - I think he is this year. I lik'em and I hope he does well this season.

And that is the problem with Motogp.. Too predictable.. not as exciting as use to be.. and that is why I enjoy watching superbike more..

It really bugs me that people don't respect a guy like Rossi. He is open, loves his fans and has won 9 times. When people say he couldn't ride the Ducati so what? He won on 2 strokes, 500, 800, 1000 cc bikes. Casey might be the most talented rider there but Rossi loves the sport and he loves the fight. Winning 9 world titles in the GP class is crazy, just amazing. Rossi won't be the best rider or even the most talented rider on any grid this season, but he's still the guy I respect most. Lorenzo is a great champion too. He was a punk but has gathered his nuts up and become a really professional rider in his approach to the sport. Where Rossi and Lorenzo surpass Casey is they are willing to fight for it and Casey acts like the sport owes him a championship because he's the most gifted. No excuses, just ride the best you can and let the gods chose the winners. Casey quit because he doesn't like having CRT riders on the course while he is qualifying, and that says more about him as a racer than his 2 world championships.

Every single rider on the starting grid walks on water in the motorcycle world. Rossi is a true champion. I'm a HUGE Mat Mladdin fan and his attitude and "tact" are pathetic compared to Rossi's and Vale is on the World scale..

He could have left MotoGP for the past what, 4 years and went to either World Rally or Indy? He LOVES motorcycles, loves competition, and loves his fans. He's a class act in my book..

Mladdin had his issues with competition, had his issues with competition, and blamed quite a bit on his equipment or the competitions equipment. You'll never hear a true champion do that.

I'm losing respect for Spies as the seasons wear on as well. Same with Hayden. Edwards just seems to be a seat warmer, sucks for the guy. I like him as well.
Overall MotoGP is losing it for me. Not enough competition and its like AMA watching Mladdin or nowadays Hayes win every race. Zzzzzzzzzzzz....

And that is the problem with Motogp.. Too predictable.. not as exciting as use to be.. and that is why I enjoy watching superbike more..

I agree... If there are 4 clearly superior bikes on the circuit - and argueable 3 (Casey, Jorge, Dani) of the 5 (Valentino, Nicky - sorry Ben) best riders in the world are on board those bikes - you basically have a 3 cycle race. And, if the racing gods shine down on one of the riders and he gets loose on the front end - the race is over and it's up to the two others to decide runner up. I concede that there is clearly something wrong with MotoGP when the top riders are lapping racing motorcyles in good working order.

Even with the lack of competitive fields - seeing these top riders and machines run is a hoot and I'm in awe.

Casey Stoner wire to wire in Australia is a thing of beauty. A boring ride of mind numbing precision and thrilling at the same time - an real artist at work! That's why I still dig MotoGP...

842918_10151218675035356_1666060742_o.jpg

Back