MotoGp 2022

Suzuki's new rear wings today at Motegi. :banghead:
1663936611524.png

When I first watched the race and several times since I’m convinced that MM recklessly caused Fabio to crash. Not saying it was intentional but his reckless riding style was certainly the cause. No one else accelerated so hard and so soon that they spun their tire before or after he did, in a crowd of riders in the middle of the first lap no less. Everyone is jockeying for position, I get that but MM is famous for doing just what he did which this time caused Fabio to crash. He just might ride too dangerously to be in a race with other bikes.

When I first watched the race and several times since I’m convinced that MM recklessly caused Fabio to crash. Not saying it was intentional but his reckless riding style was certainly the cause. No one else accelerated so hard and so soon that they spun their tire before or after he did, in a crowd of riders in the middle of the first lap no less. Everyone is jockeying for position, I get that but MM is famous for doing just what he did which this time caused Fabio to crash. He just might ride too dangerously to be in a race with other bikes.

It sure looked to me like after the initial bump coming out of the turn MM laid on it and moved over on him? He even had his head turned and was looking back right at him when it happened. Instead of trying to move right and give space he laid on it and as you say I think caused the crash. A bit dirty.

The top eight riders for tomorrows race are in the 1:55s and guess who’s on pole? Mad Marc Marquez! I guess he’s less dangerous out front. Let’s see how many Ducatis pass him, or try. Maybe even a KTM or an Aprilia. Apparently the track was drenched so a dry track may make a difference tomorrow.

1650E6F1-1ADB-4693-92F4-6628B2042A81.jpeg

Well a dry track it was and in blew Jack and that was that ! Well done the Aussie :)
Marc will be happy with his finishing position after a couple of last minute tyre swaps on the grid, surprised the soft lasted as clearly the hard was the one to have (Marc's original choice)
Pecco ,Pecco ,Pecco.....not gonna win a championship unnecessarily sliding off track AGAIN.
Aleix cant catch a break and his mechanics cant catch an Aprilia.
Absolute disaster for Suzuki a fireball on one and a front end issue for Rins.

It sure was the Jack Miller show, from 7th to 1st and a 5 second lead over the field. And he’s changing teams next year? Fabio was lucky Pecco didn’t take him out when he slid out on the last lap. And what was up with MM? He went from the pole to 5th almost immediately and didn’t make a pass until the race was almost over. Were his team orders not to act like a dangerous fool?:laugh:

Was a good race.
Aleix pulls in and says F it and jumps off. $100,000~ bike falls on the ground. He don’t care, gotta go!! Nice that MotoGp allows you to have a spare and swap like that. I don’t really know of any other major Motorsport that also does that?

Was a good race.
Aleix pulls in and says F it and jumps off. $100,000~ bike falls on the ground. He don’t care, gotta go!! Nice that MotoGp allows you to have a spare and swap like that. I don’t really know of any other major Motorsport that also does that?

I don’t like it either. They can change just to get different tires from wets to drys. In doing so they get a fresh engine, clutch etc and that just doesn’t seem right even if everyone does it. Now it’s for pretty much any reason? Every other form of Motorsports (I think) has pit stops for these sorts of things. And M/C racing used to as well. I recall seeing has stops and tire stops during the race but it’s been a long time since.

Looking more and more likely that Mir's days are done at Suzuki. Why would he even come back at this point? Fresh contract with Repsol Honda for next year, Suzuki already effectively gave him his pink slip. Walk away with a title and get healthy for the winter testing! Sickens me that Suzuki has arrived at this point after so much progress the last few years. I understand it, but man do I hate it!

Its nice to be able to watch MotoGP live for a change, the fly aways are the only races where i can do this :thumbsup:

Miguel Oliveira showed them again how its done in the rain delayed race.

Jack had done well to get out front but you could see MO making great progress and only a matter of time before he took the lead. Great ride again by Jack for second.

Pecco was allowed 3rd by a hard charging Zarco who came from waaay back stunning really and pretty much let Pecco have the last step on the podium - Bags owes him a beer.

One of the best races I’ve ever seen! Seven riders were trying for first place, sometimes looking like they were connected, running identical lap times, especially the front four! MM shocked me in that he didn’t cause anyone to crash. Showed some real skill keeping that wobbling front end under control and staying up front. I saw his head shake several times. Didn’t see any others with head shake.

And Rins, anyone that can undercut MM in a tight elbow scraping corner (more than once) has my attention. And Suzuki is quitting? With a fast great handling bike with talented (winning) riders, they’re quitting? Gotta hand it to the new Mooney team riders too! They have the fast ‘bike of the year’ to start with and with Rossi’s track training under their belts they would seem to have a leg up on most any other team. What an elite group of riders. The talent, concentration and skill they possess is quite a rarity. Great race! Great final laps!

Back